Crashed my 2007

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crashed my 2007

It's been two days since the crash. I spoke with the insurance adjuster but they have not looked at the bike yet. I have not received the estimate for therepair costs. Someone posted about claiming for "diminished value" and I like this idea a lot. I will try to take some pictures but I left it at the dealers statingI wanted them to fix it. I called the dealer yesterday expressing my concerns asking how they can guarantee that the forks, frame, triples, ect are not slightly bent. WhenI spoke with the adjuster over the phone the same concerns were expressed. All she would say was it could be “REPAIRED" at any shop. I told her that I'm going to be extremly difficult to deal with over this..

As for a DR visit, I'm not going to go. Its been 48 hours and I'm OK, a little road rash on my shoulder.

Thanks for all your replies as you opinions are greatly appreciated

Old 06-02-2007, 02:35 PM

Be careful with that "added damage" approach. That's called insurance fraud, and jail time await those caught doing that stuff.

The above poster is right though...the insurance company is obligated to put your bike back into the condition it was in - it wasn't new, but it was very close. Insist on every part with a little tiny scratch be replaced, and that every possible test possible is done to assure that every single part works perfectly. Have the shop include the estimated labor and other charges from all of the checking in the estimate - the labor alone could total the bike.

As you say, you bought a bike that you could trust to run 150+ on the track - and that's exactly what you should get back.

Don't let them wear you down...your patience and stubborness will be what gets you what you want. They want to get out as cheaply as possible, and they will if you let them.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:47 PM

I got hit in our van this past winter, the guy had no license but had insurance.. you would not belive the fighting I had to do just to get a little fender bender fixed. took for ever. my insurance company even was calling his.. I was days away from taking them to court!!! we even had to file a claim with the state against the insurance company.. 3 days later they called and said a check was on it's way

Old 06-03-2007, 04:49 PM

Good luck....a new bike should be the only acceptable resolution. A bike with less than 100 miles is still BRAND NEW in my opinion.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:46 PM

Put it in the back of a truck go to an empty road where there is no witness get going about 40 and push the ****er out the back......If it isn't to the totaled state yet it will be after that spill. Then go to a different dealer and get the quote and Voila! Totaled bike!!!

When a guy****ed withmy bikei told the guy at the dealershipwhat happened and he went over that bad boy with a fine toothed comb! He also thought it was bull**** and aided me in nailing that bitch for every penny i could.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:25 PM

I caught up with a small pack of Hondas I saw pass me going the other way the other day. 05 rr 07rr and an f4i. When we got to red light I saw the 07 left blinker hanging and duct tape all over the side fareings. I asked him how he all ready wrecked an 07. He said he let a friend drive it. Don't think I believe that. Pft but even if he did how silly is that. I let my friends put put around on my gsrx cause its all ready been laid down by me but now I don't care. I tell you one thing I don't let anyone drive the Honda

Old 06-04-2007, 03:40 PM

Look at it this way...if you play hardball with an insurance company what can happen? Nothing can happen to you except some stress and being ticked off and some small amount of time of yours. No matter what kind of insurance it is whether it be car insurance or a replacement plan for a printer as long as you show that you aren't backing down they usually give in to your demands as long as they are what you think should happen squeaky wheel gets the grease kind of thing. The isurance companies look at it as if 4 out of 5 people do not fight what they are giving them they have won! My father was rear ended by a drunk driver and his year old ram was only worth $23-24k. My parents got information from the dealer he bought the truck from brand new (also my dads uncle and owner of the dealer) told him to fight the insurance company and find the most expensive trucks on the market that were similar to his. The lawyer ended up getting like $28-29k. Sometimes insurance companies fight more than others but its worth a shot. Also every dealer is different, go to a place where every scratch counts in your favor! I looked into plastics for my 900 and they wanted 400 per piece of plastic! The nuts and bolts were outrageous $10 per bolt! The gasket alone to the clutch cover was 40 dollars! It should be pretty easy for a dealer to total a bike traveling down the road and laid down. I however wouldn't damage the bike further...just let the dealer know your concerns and they will take care of the rest whether it be fine tooth combing it and finding a problem in the motor to any scratch or anything. Tire-250x2=500 New rim 600x2=1200 already you are talking about 1700 dollars without labor...bikes don't take much to total!

Old 06-04-2007, 03:43 PM

Click on the link below...they don't have parts for the 07 but these are prices for the 05 and 06's. The 2007 parts would have to be even more expensive considering most of the stuff is new on the 07's. The prices are outrageous and once the dealer adds all of the odds and ends like bolts the price rises very quickly...especially when you add in labor!

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandi...ept_id=2254683

Old 06-04-2007, 05:27 PM

Very good point i forgot about the Labor! When i got my quote the labor was equal if not more on the parts. Like changing out some of the stuff like 5 hours quoted....That's about $365 around here.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:00 PM

From what I've seen over my time of having a bike was that when the bike hits the ground while riding no matter the speed they have been totalled. My buddy pulled out from a grocery store and tried to stop going less than 30 mph and the brakes wouldn't work and his brakes wouldn't work at all....needless to say he laid it down instead of smashing into a stopped car and the bike was totalled just from sliding not hitting anything at all...I'd find a better or different dealer asap!

Quick Reply: Crashed my 2007