Crash story on my cbr

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crash story on my cbr

Alright so anyways underestimating the power, i got a 04 cbr600rr with 7k miles on it as my first bike.(im 18)
Anyways,about 2 weeks in i did something really stupid. I was in a long parking lot,and opened up the throttle a little bit .point is im not sure what the mph's where but i was at like 14k in first. Which is stupid, but since i just started riding,u dont feel the speed till you let go and your covering alot of ground,i thought i was going no more then 40! Anyways curb coming up ahead,slam on both brakes, at prabably around 20mph, my front brake locks up ,i endo. but as my tire gets about 1 1\\2 feet into the air i let go of the brakes. but i still have the problem of the curb that is now like 5 feet ahead! this is where experience woudl be crucial and instead panicked. Slammed both brakes again and now i just went sideways,biek went sideways over theh vurb and i went a little to the right of it. we both hit a fence in the air thats about 10 feeet( i think i was in the air,who knows) into the grass after the curb. Well anyways, i felt 100 % fine,b\c of shock but after standing up i look at my shoes and see that it is ripped in half and have a huge cut on my right foot. guess the peg hit me or something and cut me up there and fractured my ankle(very very small fracture. Noone has to tell me how stupid i was,believe me i know. it was a city park parking lot,so cops came. Frinds wouldnt giv any information up and almost got arrested,i got a ticket for wreckless op,which the court gave me full penalty for. So now i have 10 point on my licsence. the bike has the following damages: slightly bent rim and right fork(from hitting the curb striaght on), plastics, right handle bar throttle and brke cyylinder, mirrors,and right peg.

But anyways i spent 3 weeks of my summer in a cast and now ive learend from my mistake,which im happy that it happened. It reminded me how dangerous a bike can be b\c i was loosing site of it. so now im fixing it up and as hard as it sounds , not going above speed limit!

I just bought these items (yes i have mechanical experience,along with friends that do, so im installing everything myself):
Plastics
Mirrors
sliders
Forks

I am waiting for auctions for the whole right handle bar thing and right foot peg to end in the next couple days. The thing i have the most trouble finding is the front rim,i cant find the FRONT one anywhere,many rear ones.

Also i wanted to make my bike stand out from others around so bought these to things,tell me what you guys think...

Tire Pen
Rim stripe

Well i just wanted to tell my story, maybe some other newb might learn something from it. tell me what you guys thinkn about the new parts i oredered,or if u guys have had similar situations......Its only speed limit for me now!

Old 07-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Default RE: Crash story on my cbr

Is wreckless Operation of a Vehicle a traffic violation in a parking lot??? Im pretty sure you cant get a traffic violation in a parking lot. As far as i know the cops can only give you a lecture about how stupid you are for doing stupid things on a bike. Atleast thats all the cops do here when we are in a parking lot. They cant do anything else because the city doesnt own the parking lots. The owner of the buildings that it connects to owns the parking lot and they can only tell you to leave if the owner says that you cant be on their property.

Old 07-29-2006, 11:01 PM

which WOULD be the case if the parking lot wasnt the city park parking lot[:@] haha

Old 07-30-2006, 01:59 AM

Damn, that was dumb dude (sorry, I had to say it)!

ORIGINAL: kyle0k

it was a city park parking lot...
It was the city's property D...

You can save some money and get your rim straightened...there's a place where I live that does it for a reasonable price...call around...some of your local bike shops will know of some places.

ORIGINAL: kyle0k

Its only speed limit for me now!
LOL...I've heard and said that before...

Sounds like this is pretty much all done and over with...has your insurance found out about the points yet?

Old 07-30-2006, 04:15 AM

No i don tthink they have,ive paid my car insurance for 6 months in advance,but im not sure whats gonna happen when i try adding on my bike insurance again!

Old 07-31-2006, 02:37 AM

actually the police do have the authority to arrest you (even on private property) if you are operating a motorcycle in a wreckless manner that endangers the safety of the public, but that's a good thing because it can protect the rest of us from some newbie who is launching his bike like a missile at us!

just messin with you, we all have made mistakes, my first bike was a buell blast and after a few weeks of riding i was feeling pretty comfortable and cocky and started to lean a little bit more and take turns a little bit faster, until i realized that i was about to take a 90 degree turn on a side street at about 35-40 mph and i paniced and grabbed the front brake mid turn which twisted my handle bars and sent me somer saulting over them, landed on my hip then kept rolling ande when it was done i landed on my feet with a silly dazed look on my face staring at my bike on the side walk, good thing there were no pedestrians around.

the guys on this site have some great (or terrible ) crash stories, come on guys lets hear them!

Old 07-31-2006, 02:43 AM

also just for your info, even on private property when his bike crashed into the fence it is considered damaging private property, unless there was not even a single scratch on it, in wich case you could be charged for damaging the grass (cause if your bike went flying into it i am sure it left some damage) also if the bike was ridable and he got on it and left he could be charged with hit and run if they caught him... of course they would have to catch him

Old 07-31-2006, 10:47 AM

The throtle goes two ways, not just one

Old 07-31-2006, 11:15 AM

well hopefully others can learn from your mistakes. gotta respect these bikes because they can get you into trouble QUICK. glad you're okay for the most part though.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:34 PM

Haha,yea,it gets bad when u get overly comfortable on the bike!

But yea the fence behind it had someones garage door and behind his garage door there was one tire,i landed exactly where that tire was,so i actually luckly had a somewhat comfortable landing to not hurt my back. my bike definatly made an indent into the grass and fence. but the guy was rerally nice. Friends said that afterwards while he wastalking to the cops he said i have enough trouble to worry about and he doesnt care about thefence.

Quick Reply: Crash story on my cbr