Couple of questions about my 600RR.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@yumoncbr : Kk then. I noticed I have to wait for like a couple of seconds after I turn off the kill switch. If I dont the bike would just whine and the screen go blank. I guess I need a battery. And I tried the buttons and it wont work! My reset and adjust buttons wont work either so I might be taking it to the motorcycle shop and see what they can do. I read its a common RR problem.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:14 AM
August 2011 ROTM

maybe you do need the new battery.. I got shorai lithium batteries before they sold out. It is dry cell battery and so light and small. also it will hold charges much longer than regular battery. it cost about the same as oem one. They are coming out with newer upgraded one end of this month.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:11 PM

Kk. About how much are those batteries $90? I saw a couple of batteries on ebay for around $40 and they claim to be good. I first have to get my guages fixed then ask the mechanic what he thinks of my current battries and front brakes! Thanks for the info guys and yumoncbr.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:56 PM
August 2011 ROTM

If you had this problem 2 weeks ago, I would have given you my OEM 09 battery. It was laying around doing nothing, so I gave it away. I can still get it back from my friend. But not sure about the shipping though. Shorai was about $90

Old 04-11-2011, 01:46 PM

Oh are you serious? I dont mind paying for the shipping aslong as it fits my 03 and it has a good charge! but if you get it back please let me know. Thanks a lot also for your generosity!

Old 04-11-2011, 07:58 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Yea go find out if it will fit. But I have to warn you shipping from Hawaii to anywhere in US are expensive. I would think the battery is like 7 or 8 lb which will cost me about $25. I won't ask him to bring it back unless I know I will make a use of it. So you go check abd get back to me

Old 04-12-2011, 06:51 PM

i got a YTZ10S battery from motorcycle superstore for my 2004 (which i believe is the same size as 2003) a few weeks ago for $60. the sku# is 257978. long time ago i paid premium for the Yuasa name brand, can't tell a difference. this one fit perfectly.

about the buttons, you might want to first check if that white plastic part is off center under the rubber buttons. that's what happened to mine, still need to fix it. The rubber buttons push a white plastic thing onto the actual button and sometimes the white thing falls off or is off center. mine have completely fallen off and i need to find replacements.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:01 AM

Hey Yumon. They said my battery is fine! its just that the previous owner didnt run it for a long time but my batteries voltage is still good. Thanks though for offering your battery. Now its time for my first oil change on the RR. I have about 700 miles more and its time for new oil! Was going to have it done today but the dealership quoted me $120! I never knew oil change was that expensive. Also I have like a bottle of Castrol oil. How much bottles or quarts do I need or whatever?

Old 04-13-2011, 01:02 AM

Will. Thanks for the info man. I will keep that in mind just in case I will need a new battery. Anyway Kk I will. I ask the mechanic earlier and he said he doesent want to mess with the guages. It sucks cause I dont want to tinker around with the bike removing the guages and such. IDK hopefully it will get fixed some how lol!

Old 04-13-2011, 12:06 PM

removing the buttons to check for the alignment of the white part doesnt require anything but sqeezing the small rubber buttons and pulling them out.

Quick Reply: Couple of questions about my 600RR.