corrected speedometer reading

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: corrected speedometer reading

Just an FYI. If there is any more stupid crap posted like I do 140 regularly and name calling and anything else that show more irresponsibility than a 4 year old. The threads WILL be shut down. The OP was not totally bad, since you are on a "private" strip.

So some of you people can hate all you want but stupidity and irresponsibility will not be tolerated.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: D2DGraphix_600RR

ORIGINAL: RedLine69

I have a stock 07 CBR600RR. When I am tucked in, in 6th gear, with the tach nudging the red, the speedo somertimes shows a different number. If its at night, and I am going down 30th street hill by the college (near the freeway outside of town) and if it is cold out, my speedo reads around 173 mph. If its a hot summer day, and I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt, flapping in the wind, and im not going down a big hill, then the speedo reads like 159 in 6th redlining. If on the other hand, I am blasting down by fern ridge resevoir with my girl hangin on the back (she weighs about a buck fifteen) on a normal day where it's not too hot or cold, then I'll redline in 6th and get a reading of about 135. So go figure, that speedo is all over the place...... True story by the way I drive like a type A personality ******* and after 18 years and hundreds of thousands of miles, its the only way to stay alive, keep the dumbasses in the cages safely behind you. My bike has about 10,000 miles all put on in six months. I ride every day and I try to break at least 5 traffic laws each way to work which says a lot cause I work 5 blocks from home. Friday I split lanes (illegal in Oregon), rode in the bike lane to pass backed up cars, did a wheelie from the stop light, failed to stop at a red light when I made a right hander, then I tailgated some slow poke soccer mom, and finally ended up passing her by going into the oncoming traffic lanes while flippin her the bird.

Wow...................

Yeah.... wow is right.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:51 AM

Just an FYI. If there is any more stupid crap posted like I do 140 regularly and name calling and anything else that show more irresponsibility than a 4 year old. The threads WILL be shut down. The OP was not totally bad, since you are on a "private" strip.

So some of you people can hate all you want but stupidity and irresponsibility will not be tolerated.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:26 PM

FYI- The OP never mentioned he was on a private strip in his original post. So, "Knightslugger" had his FACTS right. Something to think about before ranting.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: skical
FYI- The OP never mentioned he was on a private strip in his original post. So, "Knightslugger" had his FACTS right. Something to think about before ranting.
no but he did mention it here

ORIGINAL: 420cbr

" Dude, I wasnt on a public street. I live very close to a private airport and was on the runway. Get your facts straight before you go calling people names. I apologize for offending your delicate sensibilities. Show me one person who bought their sport bike so they could put around town and ill kiss your a**. nit wit...
D2 just said the op wasn't in the wrong because he was on a private strip. i dont understand how he stated wrong facts ?

Old 02-10-2008, 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

ORIGINAL: skical
no but he did mention it here

ORIGINAL: 420cbr

" Dude, I wasnt on a public street. I live very close to a private airport and was on the runway. Get your facts straight before you go calling people names. I apologize for offending your delicate sensibilities. Show me one person who bought their sport bike so they could put around town and ill kiss your a**. nit wit...
D2 just said the op wasn't in the wrong because he was on a private strip. i dont understand how he stated wrong facts ?
Hey Havoc,

Pretty sure skical is thinking that Knightslugger is in the rightfor naming calling because Knightslugger didn'thave the "private" informationwhen he used theword "nit wit" (Making it oK for the name call). But in reality, all D2 was saying was to keep the immature/140+mph posts away as they won't be tolerated. Correct facts or not.....

Old 02-10-2008, 03:14 PM

p.s ... why did all these people come out of the wood work on this post stating such things like wheelies and such?....Revolution maybe ??? lol

Old 02-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

ORIGINAL: RedLine69

I have a stock 07 CBR600RR. When I am tucked in, in 6th gear, with the tach nudging the red, the speedo somertimes shows a different number. If its at night, and I am going down 30th street hill by the college (near the freeway outside of town) and if it is cold out, my speedo reads around 173 mph. If its a hot summer day, and I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt, flapping in the wind, and im not going down a big hill, then the speedo reads like 159 in 6th redlining. If on the other hand, I am blasting down by fern ridge resevoir with my girl hangin on the back (she weighs about a buck fifteen) on a normal day where it's not too hot or cold, then I'll redline in 6th and get a reading of about 135. So go figure, that speedo is all over the place...... True story by the way I drive like a type A personality ******* and after 18 years and hundreds of thousands of miles, its the only way to stay alive, keep the dumbasses in the cages safely behind you. My bike has about 10,000 miles all put on in six months. I ride every day and I try to break at least 5 traffic laws each way to work which says a lot cause I work 5 blocks from home. Friday I split lanes (illegal in Oregon), rode in the bike lane to pass backed up cars, did a wheelie from the stop light, failed to stop at a red light when I made a right hander, then I tailgated some slow poke soccer mom, and finally ended up passing her by going into the oncoming traffic lanes while flippin her the bird.

Wow...................

Yeah.... wow is right.

Must have watched "Biker Boyz" too many times. *shakes head*

Old 02-10-2008, 04:26 PM

Just for the record I just quit a forum here in Ottawa because of the Administrators and their God complex'. They told me if I didn't like it to start my own forum - so I did. No names mentioned - the etiquette thing. I still love the CBR forum and routinely expound how great the CBR forum is to my fellow bikers.

Now I see this thread. Tell me it ain't so, shut down a topic because someone says they were doing wheelies or 140 MPH.... I hope I am missing something and there is a joke in here somewhere.

I would hate to see this turn into a forum where you have to "queue the crickets".....

Old 02-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

well with you being a new members you wouldn't understand all the threads us mods and admins see where members post " i was just doing 140 + down the highway " and later you hear that same member was killed ! hey true story ! so yea if we see a stupid thread where people are bragging about how fast they try and get themselves or others killed by doing ridiculous acts such as speeding 120+ on the street you're damn right we are going to close the thread. just likewe dont condone running from the police. if you dont like our rules then please dont post here

and btw it isn't a god complex rather these are the rules so follow them or leave

Quick Reply: corrected speedometer reading