corrected speedometer reading

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: corrected speedometer reading

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

Obviously you can't read. You missed the word 'IF'.

I can't show you someone who bought a sport bike to put around town, but i can show you a ton of sensible people who obey the rules (and laws) of the road.
I don't really obey the rules (and laws) very well, so I guess I'm a nitwit. I'd ride a cruiser if I intended to "cruise"

Old 02-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks shoortbus, thats what im talking about.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:08 PM

I have an RR and an R6 and both are geared down two teeth in the front and up three in the rear. My speedo was way off on both so I purchased a yellow box (correction module) for each from BlueGauges.com. Around a hundred a pop.

Anyway its nice to have an accurate speedo. The Yellow Box has seven dip switches that allow correction by percentage based on geraing etc. I believe the manufacturer quoted 5% error on a stock bike with no gearing change. The yellow box is a great asset.

Oh and I guess I am a Nitwit as well.... routinely over 100... hate that preacher thing..

Old 02-09-2008, 10:03 PM

Cameras? Where are all the cameras? I'd deffinatly have no license if there were any around here. Nit wit out.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:29 PM

Speedohealer says around 5.5% off on a stock bike with new rear tire.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:31 AM

I have a stock 07 CBR600RR. When I am tucked in, in 6th gear, with the tach nudging the red, the speedo somertimes shows a different number. If its at night, and I am going down 30th street hill by the college (near the freeway outside of town) and if it is cold out, my speedo reads around 173 mph. If its a hot summer day, and I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt, flapping in the wind, and im not going down a big hill, then the speedo reads like 159 in 6th redlining. If on the other hand, I am blasting down by fern ridge resevoir with my girl hangin on the back (she weighs about a buck fifteen) on a normal day where it's not too hot or cold, then I'll redline in 6th and get a reading of about 135. So go figure, that speedo is all over the place...... True story by the way I drive like a type A personality ******* and after 18 years and hundreds of thousands of miles, its the only way to stay alive, keep the dumbasses in the cages safely behind you. My bike has about 10,000 miles all put on in six months. I ride every day and I try to break at least 5 traffic laws each way to work which says a lot cause I work 5 blocks from home. Friday I split lanes (illegal in Oregon), rode in the bike lane to pass backed up cars, did a wheelie from the stop light, failed to stop at a red light when I made a right hander, then I tailgated some slow poke soccer mom, and finally ended up passing her by going into the oncoming traffic lanes while flippin her the bird.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:05 AM

i dont know how much mine is off but i had to chime in as well, nit wit out

Old 02-10-2008, 09:30 AM

Can we start a nit wit club? Im down...

Old 02-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Banned

I nominate myself as president of team nitwit.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:42 AM

ORIGINAL: RedLine69

I have a stock 07 CBR600RR. When I am tucked in, in 6th gear, with the tach nudging the red, the speedo somertimes shows a different number. If its at night, and I am going down 30th street hill by the college (near the freeway outside of town) and if it is cold out, my speedo reads around 173 mph. If its a hot summer day, and I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt, flapping in the wind, and im not going down a big hill, then the speedo reads like 159 in 6th redlining. If on the other hand, I am blasting down by fern ridge resevoir with my girl hangin on the back (she weighs about a buck fifteen) on a normal day where it's not too hot or cold, then I'll redline in 6th and get a reading of about 135. So go figure, that speedo is all over the place...... True story by the way I drive like a type A personality ******* and after 18 years and hundreds of thousands of miles, its the only way to stay alive, keep the dumbasses in the cages safely behind you. My bike has about 10,000 miles all put on in six months. I ride every day and I try to break at least 5 traffic laws each way to work which says a lot cause I work 5 blocks from home. Friday I split lanes (illegal in Oregon), rode in the bike lane to pass backed up cars, did a wheelie from the stop light, failed to stop at a red light when I made a right hander, then I tailgated some slow poke soccer mom, and finally ended up passing her by going into the oncoming traffic lanes while flippin her the bird.

Wow...................

Quick Reply: corrected speedometer reading