compare F4i and RR for a new rider?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default compare F4i and RR for a new rider?

hey guys and gals...im a new rider, and im really kind of deadset on getting a CBR600 as my first bike. i originally thought the RR would b better, but i have heard from numerous people, including the sales rep at the local bike dealer, the the F4i would b better for me. im not a very big person, 5'7" 130 lbs, and i know that the ride height is different on the 2, the F4i is shorter. but the dealer had an F4i out, and i didnt have a problem sitting on it at all, and dont think i would on a RR if its only a few inches higher. so could anyone give me the pluses and minus and mayb a reccomendation for me between the 2? thanks

Old 08-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Default RE: compare F4i and RR for a new rider?

First off there is a noticeable power difference the RR being the higher output. 2nd is the riding style, the F4i contours to a more relaxed ride to where the RR is an aggresive position bike. You could say that the RR is just a more "Radical" version of the F4i a more cut and agressive look and riding style.

So just buy what suits you best and good luck.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:50 AM

Not this again[&o] I swear this comes up like every 2 weeks. We really need to put a sticky up for this - along with the oil and best slip-on questions. No offence ik***199, but it gets tiresome answering these same questions over and over and over...The longer you stay a member, the more you'll know what I mean.

Now back to the question, HighRevs right. So my two cents would be just get the bike you really want and feel comfortable on and have fun. BTW, 5'7" is not too short for the RR.

Old 08-04-2006, 03:54 AM

exactly.. its all prefrence.. my first new bike is a brand new 06 600RR and im about the same size you are. im 5'6" 135. and i couldnt be happier with the bike. enjoy man.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:44 AM

+1 on the sticky idea

Old 08-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would say buy a beater to learn on, if you get a a brand new F4i or RR you are gonna want to kill yourself when you drop it. get a beater to learn on for a few months, and after you get used to a bike, then go get a new one. atleast make sure you get some sliders on there if you get a new one.

Old 08-04-2006, 03:47 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

i would say buy a beater to learn on, if you get a a brand new F4i or RR you are gonna want to kill yourself when you drop it. get a beater to learn on for a few months, and after you get used to a bike, then go get a new one. atleast make sure you get some sliders on there if you get a new one.
Yeah, next someone's gonna ask if sliders are a good idea and if they work...oh wait, that also is asked every other week.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:13 AM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

Not this again[&o] I swear this comes up like every 2 weeks. We really need to put a sticky up for this - along with the oil and best slip-on questions. No offence ik***199, but it gets tiresome answering these same questions over and over and over...The longer you stay a member, the more you'll know what I mean.

Now back to the question, HighRevs right. So my two cents would be just get the bike you really want and feel comfortable on and have fun. BTW, 5'7" is not too short for the RR.
I don't mind reading the F4i vs RR threads over and over, but hell I don't mind reruns on TV or pizza everyday, three times a day.

Dude, just get the RR! Just remember to respect the throttle and have your head 100% in the game. Both 600s will kill you about as quick; the R maybe just a little bit quicker (very little). You're tall enough to ride a double R, if I'm not mistaken there is a chick here that rides a R and she is 5'2.5". Any extra starter pains that you will get riding an R over an F, you will learn to ignore. If in a couple of month after getting your R you still feel pain, it just means that you are not riding it enough!

Do what your heart tells you to do, get the RR!

Old 08-06-2006, 06:33 PM

I would say, dont even bother buying a Honda. They are junk bikes and will blow up...

Just kidding

Old 08-08-2006, 03:33 AM

I had the same question in Febuary, the f4i or the rr???? I decided to go with the rr(orange w/tribals) I went back and forth for about a month going into the delership two to three times a week to sit on each bike. What convinced me to go with the RR was my brother, he said that my riding abilty will catch up to the limits of the F4I alot sooner than the RR. He was right, the RR is just an amazing bike, i'm not sure that i will every reach the limits of the rr. It feels almost like a toy, it has the ability to whip into a corner with out loosing stability and plenty of power for the adranaline junky. The RR is more comfortable then an 03 R6, although not as comfortable as my old 95 VFR750. I believe that the RR is also a good beginers bike, it is very forgiving. But remember it is your ego that gets you into trouble. Ride at your level at your ability and you will enjoy either bike.

Quick Reply: compare F4i and RR for a new rider?