CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   COLD!!! BRRR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/cold-brrr-53292/)

bikerboy 11-01-2007 07:15 PM

RE: COLD!!! BRRR

Yeah, up in MA it's getting pretty chilly. 30's in the early morning is pretty bad. . .but I've been doing it in the morning this week 'cause the truck is in the shop. Ya, and I've got a 45 minute commute.
I just bundle up the turtle fur around the neck, put a fleece over the shirt and tie, then put on the leather jacket over everything. I have flannels/long underwear on under my dress pants, and Gore Tex gloves, it's nice and toasty inside. Might have to look into that cigarette lighter adapter though. . .heated clothing sounds nice.

03yellow6000RR 11-01-2007 08:12 PM

Hey Fitz, where are you at in Cincinnati?

sUshI 11-02-2007 12:25 AM

no kidding...im in Fort St John, BC, Canada..( no..there arent igloos...) and yea 7 degrees celceus..and Im starting to cry a bit..no bailing..just sucks is all, BUT riding = niiice, so it dun matter.

FITZ 11-02-2007 11:30 AM

Well I live out in colerain township but go to school down at the University of Cincinnati. Where you at?

cbr6oo 11-02-2007 01:37 PM

There are all types of nice twisties just north of where I live and a lot of flat land straitaways headin up to the country. I love every minute of it. You can be in the country and 15minutes later back at the beach!!!

Icyalkn 11-02-2007 07:33 PM

Hmmmmm,

As far as riding/commutting to work, I'll ride one way about 0c if the other way is above 10c. As far as going for a ride outa the city, usually somewhere between 10-15c makes it worth while...... Those days a few a far between though now, by the time it warms up it's about 1430-1500, then cools around 1700-1800. Making the highway twisty trips just about over.... That said we still have the chinook days up here where the temp can go up anywhere from a 10c degree jump up to a 25-30c degree jump over night.

champ24 11-03-2007 08:24 AM

Wisconsin is the worst place in the world for riders. It's already been in the 20's here.

03yellow6000RR 11-03-2007 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: FITZ

Well I live out in colerain township but go to school down at the University of Cincinnati. Where you at?
I live near Western Hills, off of Queen City Ave. I too go to UC.

meanstrk 11-03-2007 09:59 AM

I am not an advocate of "putting them up for the winter". Only thing I would recommend is to put it on a battery tender. There have GOT to be days here and there where it is nice enough to ride, even if it's only 30 degrees or so. Go to Wally World and get a snow suit or something like that and it makes a world of difference. I use a First Gear Thermo suit and it does great down to 10 degrees or so.

FITZ 11-03-2007 12:12 PM

ORIGINAL: 03yellow6000RR

ORIGINAL: FITZ

I live near Western Hills, off of Queen City Ave. I too go to UC.
Really? I dont ever see your bike up there(assuming thats your yellow rr) Im always parked by the engineering building or edwards it the black 600.. I got three friends that go riding all the time if you wanna go