COLD!!! BRRR

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 02:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COLD!!! BRRR

Well its getting about that time to put the bike up for the winter... But I just can not seem to do it, I live in Cincinnati Ohio and its just getting colder and colder. I ride when it prett darn cold out but when it get below 40 I just cant seem to do it, and the ride gets unjoyable. But I am having the problem of putting her up for the winter. Its supposed to be in the upper 30's tomorrow morning and 65 in the afternoon and I think im gonna bear it out, but I dont know how long I can do it. Just seeing what is to cold for you guys and how low the temps get before you say its enough!

Old 11-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Default RE: COLD!!! BRRR

If I can avoid riding at 35 or less, I do. My schedule is a little more... forgiving with school and all. I really only get up in the mornings to go work out or get homework done... so I drive when it's really cold. But when it warms up a bit, I'm out there. Don't give up on the season just yet. I'm hearing a lot of people getting this 'throw in the towel' attitude and it's just not justified yet. Dress in layers for the morning/evening and enjoy these next few days of sun here in the midwest. It may be cold at night, but you won't be sweating in the middle of the day either. Perfect weather.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:16 AM

hook you up a cigarette lighter and buy you a heated suit .. plug your self in .. it can be done i knew some guys on gstwins.com that did it to there little 500's and then in the summer you could use it as a phone charger or a hook up for a radar dector .. or any thing that uses that type of plug

Old 11-01-2007, 10:45 AM

In Oklahoma it's been cold in the mornings too... but I second the layering up. In the cold, I ride more for the challenge, and the enjoyment I get out of the "Holly CRAP it's cold... whew... okay... I can do this... gogogo!"... I don't know... I'm weird like that. That... and I'd MUCH rather be cold than hot anyday.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:16 PM

There is slot of places you can get battery operated heated suits, so if ya wanna ride it can be done. Myself, when it goes below 55 Its in the garage other than periodic rides to stir up the gas & oil....

Old 11-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Xao

I have no idea what this cold weather you talk about is since in Florida all we have is two seasons Summer and cool.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:39 PM

This ideal where I live. It rarely rains and perfect 70 to 80's year round. Traffic is about the only downside.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:24 PM

Well since it is still 80 degrees down here in Florida I might go ridin today after work[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 11-01-2007, 04:36 PM

too bad...there's no place to ride in FL...move to Cali...ride all year long with endless twisties...

ORIGINAL: cbr6oo

Well since it is still 80 degrees down here in Florida I might go ridin today after work[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 11-01-2007, 04:41 PM

Yea im sure its real nice having 70-80 degree weather all year.. I think Ohio has the worst seasons ever. One day it will be a high of 90 and then the next its 20 and im not even joking..

Quick Reply: COLD!!! BRRR