chicken strips

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: chicken strips

Um tires are made uot of oil in the first place I dont think its a good idea to turn them back into oil? But sand paper looks like a decent idea. And YES its because of the shiny partof the tire aka the chicken strip that it slides because its loosing traction andnooo I dont need to know how to use the throttle I can blip and shift great thank you. But hey Thanks for trying to tell ME what MY bike is doing while I am riding good job there MR know it all.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on the manual removal of chicken strips documentary, do you think the guy might have been kidding? kinda like the guys who post instructions on how to flush your oil with regular yard sand...

hmm either way, it's cute. reminds me of back when i used to aggressive skate - you'd get a groove in your chassis between your 2 middle wheels, and if you had a deeper groove, you were probably more experienced. sure, if you tried a royale on a handrail without a groove, you were more likely to fall because there was less wheel exposed to grip the rail, but you'd gradually wear the frame in by carefully doing easier grinds on safer rails and ledges ...the same "tools" told the inexperienced skaters to file the frames down, and the real tools took them seriously.

and chavers - don't get your panties all in a bunch - you asked a question and got an answer. if you don't like free advice, don't take it.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:58 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I've recommended (and still do) lightly sanding the tires when you first get them (BY HAND), but a belt sander to remove chicken strips???? Like it was said earlier, it was probably a BS post, but I could actually see a new rider doing that not knowing it was a joke.

And I'll say it again, people are paying TOO much attention to these chicken strips. But, I guess thats what happens when the majority of sport bike riders get their riding tips from the show Superbikes! on Speed Channel. [8D]