Check your tire pressure!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD
Read all the links. 42PSI is NOT recommended for every day riding or commuting when it is a single rider.

It is not safe. YOU may have not wrecked because of it, but someone might. Your riding style may be conducive to a higher pressure though (not taking turns at higher than posted speeds).

The second article isn't just talking about racing. It talks about performance...and who wouldn't want to most performance out of their tires?

I'll say it again, 42 PSI for a single rider CAN be very dangerous.
You're totally correct, eevn in street riding try a hard braking from say 60mph with that pressure on your front tire and then try at 30-32. You'll notice the faster and secure stop.
For a single rider with no extra weight, that kind of pressure is too much even if you ride like a grandma

Old 03-10-2011, 05:09 PM

We're not arguing, we're sharing

Old 03-10-2011, 05:32 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

It is not safe. YOU may have not wrecked because of it, but someone might. Your riding style may be conducive to a higher pressure though (not taking turns at higher than posted speeds).

I'll say it again, 42 PSI for a single rider CAN be very dangerous.

everybody, we have a lawsuit on our hands, lets get millions of dollars from them since they are putting all of us in a lot of danger.

my manual and the actual sticker on the bike itself says 36 front 42 rear.
thats what i will have in my tires every time i leave my garage.

have you made the PSI sight yourself, and now you try to kill people by advertising it???

if im running my recommended psi i know the sidewall flex is minimum (right where it needs to be) once you loose psi your sidewall flex is bigger and for that reason less traction.

oh yeah, and who exactly wrecked because of the recommended psi. if you can show me 1 person that wrecked because of the honda manufacturer tire psi and it was the tire pressure fault ill be convinced.

one more thing, do yourself a favor and follow your own advice, do not post something if you dont know the answer.

Last edited by scorpionvmu; 03-10-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: lack of explanation
Old 03-10-2011, 06:25 PM

You and R dub aren't understanding what I'm saying, most likely because you're both squids (no offense meant).

The recommended tire pressures are for two-up riding with luggage...bike at max load.

Read the links I provided.

If you don't want to listen, that's fine. You probably don't ride anywhere close to the limit of your bike, let alone an inferior road tire. But I will NOT let a recommendation of 42PSI for single rider on a motorcycle be said without proper explanation of the dangers.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:04 PM
October 2011 ROTM

You and R dub aren't understanding what I'm saying, most likely because you're both squids (no offense meant).

The recommended tire pressures are for two-up riding with luggage...bike at max load.

Read the links I provided.

If you don't want to listen, that's fine. You probably don't ride anywhere close to the limit of your bike, let alone an inferior road tire. But I will NOT let a recommendation of 42PSI for single rider on a motorcycle be said without proper explanation of the dangers.
Actually the 42 PSI is recommended for just the rider. If you would like I can post the link to the 2007 Honda CBR 600RR manual that says this.

Last edited by R Dub; 03-10-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:19 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

the last time i checked at 130mph my bike handled very well. and it wasnt all straight.

im looking at the book right now and it does not say anything about the bike being 2 up and loaded.

first off the bike was made to be used mainly by single rider with no load.
tire pressure (cold) front 36psi, rear 42psi. so the owners manual is straight forward.

why dont you go to honda website and see what they say??? they are the once making the bikes. not some website you found.

just because i have never before rode a street bike, doesnt mean im stupid and dont know what im talking about. i love racing and maybe i dont know everything about it, but who does.

i will look further into this to make more accurate statements.

Last edited by scorpionvmu; 03-10-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:44 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

keep in mind that these bikes are tested at these settings. (low and high speeds all kind of weather conditions)

if you read this it will tell you that not enough air will make it DANGEROUS do to overheating tire and other things.

Name:  DSC08226.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  105.2 KB

Name:  DSC08227.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  102.9 KB

Name:  DSC08228.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  75.8 KB

Name:  DSC08229.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  104.0 KB

Last edited by scorpionvmu; 03-10-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:53 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

i recommend reading your bike manual and use the preferences provided by honda not by some website. i can write a website and post it, it wont mean that it is correct.
your manual is right, remember that.

so theres no need to argue anymore. please apply yourself to the manual and be safe.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:31 PM

Wow, can't say I didn't try. Noobs will be noobs...

Old 03-10-2011, 08:44 PM
October 2011 ROTM

I can't speak for scorpionvmu but I am not a noob. I have been on a bike since I was 6 year old. But I do agree with him that your manual is right. I know that Honda pays millions of dollars into R&D and engineers to give you the consumer wrong and bad info.

DrAwkwArD - I am not trying to argue or fight. We are all riders and Honda riders at that so we are suppose to stick together and look out for one another. Telling someone that 42 PSI in the rear is dangerous even though that is what the owners and service manual says is not correct. I know you are trying to give advice which is awesome but you can't just say Honda is wrong and you are right. Not many people will take kindly to that.

Quick Reply: Check your tire pressure!!