CBR600RR Motolust

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR600RR Motolust

I saw& sat on a white 2007 a week ago and have a serious case of motolust now. The reviews in the mags didn't help squelch it at all. The catch is I'm 5'2". The one I sat on seemed about like my Suzuki SV650S, but the guy bought it used & thinks maybe the owner had lowered it. Is it at all possible that it wasn't? A search of the forum sounded like people were tip-toes at best on the RR for short riders. I'm 4 hrs from the nearest bike, so checking it out myself isn't easy. Hopefully this weekend.

Anyhow, has anyone had experience with riding a lowered 2007? I'll likely have the dealer do it. Knee dragging, wheelies, & racing aren't issues. I know there's disagreement about lowering, but if it's between that & not riding, the riding will always win out!

Also, this would be my 1st Honda. Do most of you feel they're worth the extra money? Do you notice the difference between Honda & other brands? (Although I admit to not really caring a lot at this point.... )

Thanks!

Old 09-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Default RE: CBR600RR Motolust

Do it right get a lowering link and it wont effect the handling of the bike.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:38 PM

I've owned Yamaha and Kawi 600's and the Honda is by far the best in all categories...
Unfortunately my comparison is apples/oranges because my other two bikes were a generation older (about ten years ago).
Still, I remember when I owned the Yamaha I rode a CBR600F2 (first time I ever rode a Honda) and was blown away by the higher quality,smoothness, and refined feel compared to my bike. I've been looking for that feeling ever since,but haven't felt it until the 600RR.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will NOT regret buying Honda.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:35 PM

Oh yeah...I forgot to add...
Hondaswingarms are beautiful

Old 09-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After you ride a Honda for a while, then ride around on another bike (like a Suzuki or Kawasaki) you really feel the build-quality difference. The Kawi's and Suzukis feel cheap compared to the Honda's. (my opinion anyway). The Yamaha's aren't bad, but they have horrible mid-range lag issues. (My buddy with a new R6 rode mine and said he should have got the Honda, he didn't know they had so much more mid-range power.) I rode his and liked the ride and handling, but I too hated the lack of mid-range power.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

he should have got the Honda, he didn't know they had so much more mid-range power.) I rode his and liked the ride and handling, but I too hated the lack of mid-range power.
Yes, the clincher was what the magazines had to say about the RR's power range & handling. Especially since that tends to be where I'm usually at when riding. I haven't been very impressed with the finish on my Suzukis,andsuspectHonda will be better in that category, too.
H

Old 09-05-2007, 07:10 AM

ORIGINAL: TheX

You will NOT regret buying Honda.
Super! That's what I'm hearing from everyone who's owned one!
H

Old 09-05-2007, 07:16 AM

ORIGINAL: tomp

Do it right get a lowering link and it wont effect the handling of the bike.
I plan on having the dealer do it, partly to be sure it's done right. Depending on the height, I hope to be able to manage for a few weeks and see if I really need to lower it. My riding boots have a pretty good platform sole, and they help a lot.
H

Old 09-05-2007, 07:25 AM

I would definitely recommend trying out the ride w/o lowering it. Planting one foot at a stop should be fine. However, if it still feels uncomfortable, then go ahead and try lowering it slightly. Good luck!

Quick Reply: CBR600RR Motolust