cbr price

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cbr price

Hi my name is Bruno and am new to this forum. Ive been around bmw and vw forums for years, but is my first time on a bike forum. I am fairly new to bikes and have never purchased one so I dont know the markup on one so I am hoping for some help here. I will be going sat. to pick up my first new bike and wanted some info on what price i should be shooting for when negotiating. I will be looking at both 07 and 08 models. I see the msrp is 9599.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:50 AM
Default RE: cbr price

ORIGINAL: B Marques

Hi my name is Bruno and am new to this forum. Ive been around bmw and vw forums for years, but is my first time on a bike forum. I am fairly new to bikes and have never purchased one so I dont know the markup on one so I am hoping for some help here. I will be going sat. to pick up my first new bike and wanted some info on what price i should be shooting for when negotiating. I will be looking at both 07 and 08 models. I see the msrp is 9599.
Pricing will always vary by region; areas with a longer riding season tend to command higher prices all year long. Areas with shorter seasons will have reductions during the winter.

FWIW, I just (this week) negotiated and picked up a 2007 in Blue/Silver for $8353, plus 6% sales tax, title, tag, and $100 in 'doc fees'. (I'm still ticked about that)

OTD, I paid $11 under $9k.

I've 'heard' of deals as low as $7999... but none of the multiple dealers in my area would go that low without charging a $200+ 'setup fee'. So it would not have made much of a difference, plus I'd have had to drive 2+ hours to pick up. (gas is not cheap for my F150!)

Oh, I should add, I live in North Eastern PA, and the 2007 was brand new with zero miles on the odometer, not used.

Also, I hope you have considered safety gear into your budget; More important than your first ride is that you get at the LEAST, a motorcycle appropriate helmet, jacket, and gloves. If you have not taken it already, seriously consider registering for the MSF course in your area. Besides giving you an excellent foundation for riding safety that will KEEP YOU ALIVE on the streets in traffic, it often will get you a discount on your motorcycle insurance!

Good luck!

E.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you know it really all depends where you go, my uncle just got an 06 600rr in new hampshire, with 2000 mi on it for $6000 even. which to me is a steal because up here in canada they are selling the 07 600rr for about 11000

Old 03-23-2008, 08:34 AM

ORIGINAL: tds94probe

you know it really all depends where you go, my uncle just got an 06 600rr in new hampshire, with 2000 mi on it for $6000 even. which to me is a steal because up here in canada they are selling the 07 600rr for about 11000
tds,

The 2006 and 2007 are two VERY different bikes.

Honda re-designed the bike for the model year 2007, making small but useful changes all around.

This makes the 2006 a much harder bike to sell, new or used. I saw NEW leftover 2006 models going for around $6k while I was shopping. The dealers just want to get them the heck off their floor! ($6k is nearly two thousand off invoice from what one dealer told me!)

I'm not sure about the exchange rate, but I thought the Canadian dollar caught up with the US Dollar? If so, then that 2007 for $11k is a price gouging! MSRP for new 2008's should be under $10k in Canada, right? (being that US MSRP is only $9600)

It also means that the 2007 is holding it's value relatively well, even as a leftover model year; people like me looking for the new design but wanting to save a thousand bucks can have their cake and eat it too. The dealer gets to sell the bike style the buyer wants, without having to deeply discount his current model year stock.

Fortunately for me, the color combo I wanted was only available for 2007.

E.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:05 AM

In the Chicago area, the best deals on leftover '07's was $9100 OTD w/tax (7.5%), fees, license, etc. The best deal I could get on an '08 (red/black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) was $9600 OTD w/tax (7.5%), fees, license, etc. <------This is a GREAT deal on an '08. Pricing was done about three weeks ago. They may be going up a little bit with Spring here. We just got snow two days ago, so they still might be aggresive about getting the bikes sold.

I was about to get the red/black (since the '08 scheme looks way better than the '07 red/black), but instead I found an '07 white/silver with 100 miles for $8,000 OTD. I love the white/silver just as much as the '08 red/black and figured I'd save the $1600 and pick it up...so I did. I LOVE IT!!!!!

Old 03-23-2008, 10:34 AM

so when i go i will try and get the 07 for around 8k out the door, but what about the 08s. because if they dont have the white and silver 07 i dont like the other colors and i also dont want to get the same exact bike as my friend with the red and black. and btw thank you very much for your help so far. i really appreciate it.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:37 AM

so when i go i will try and get the 07 for around 8k out the door, but what about the 08s. because if they dont have the white and silver 07 i dont like the other colors and i also dont want to get the same exact bike as my friend with the red and black. and btw thank you very much for your help so far. i really appreciate it.

Good luck...

From what I understand, when Honda released the white and silver, it was the most in demand color for the beginning of the season; quite hard to find last year. Perhaps even harder this year as a leftover.

E.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:38 AM

I picked up my blue/silver in july of 07, middle of the season for msrp out the door (9600). That included 8.5% tax, prep, reg, etc... I think that is pretty much the lowest you can get them for, unless you know someone on the inside. The 07/08 is the same bike other then color change, so I wouldnt worry about which year you get as long as you are happy about the color

ORIGINAL: Elmosaurus
From what I understand, when Honda released the white and silver, it was the most in demand color for the beginning of the season; quite hard to find last year. Perhaps even harder this year as a leftover.
They wanted an extra 800 bucks for the white when I went for mine, because no one had really made a white bike before. Im glad I got the one I did, the white is a little chicky for me. That and look at suzuki's new line up. They have a 600 in white, posers.

You should be able to find an 07 for about 8ish, and an 06 for about 6ish. Not that their is anything wrong with the 06, but honda made huge improvements with the new generation of mid-class. They dont even compare. Weight, power, handling, etc... go for the 07/08 if you can help it.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:29 AM

thanks alot for that info too. if i do get a 08 im really feeling the graffitti one. i heard its 400 more than any other color. i wonder if there is no play with the price on this one. anyone get one here?

Old 03-24-2008, 10:53 AM

thanks alot for that info too. if i do get a 08 im really feeling the graffitti one. i heard its 400 more than any other color. i wonder if there is no play with the price on this one. anyone get one here?
There is play in any price of any bike at the dealer, just gotta be a good negotiator.

Quick Reply: cbr price