CBR Ipod Toggle Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR Ipod Toggle Switch?

So i bought the bike from one of my cousins friend that lives in Iraq.. i ownd it for atleast going on 3 yrs now.. the bike has ipod connection with speakers installed on the bike but before u get to turn it on, u need to use the toggle switch unfortunately one of the wire broke and it doesnt say which is negative and positive.. Im thinking bout replacing the toggle switch with better one but i dont know which is negative and positive.. Now my question is what is the worst thing that could happend if i accedently connect the positive to negative, negative to positve?

Old 07-09-2009, 09:06 PM

your head could EXPLODE!!!!!

Old 07-09-2009, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by philthethrillohio
your head could EXPLODE!!!!!

Old 07-13-2009, 01:01 AM

Im going to go with it wont turn on? I mean what do you think the worst thing would be? Your fine and do you have pictures of these speakers and toggle switch? I gotta see this

Old 07-13-2009, 05:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude - didn't see the cross post until now.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/cbr-600rr-ipod-toggle-switch-96899/

What I said before was:

If he used a two prong switch - it simply connects prong 1 to prong 2 - meaning you can't do it wrong.

If he had used a three prong switch - one prong is supposed to be power, the other ground, and the last to the device. A three prong switch is used if he wanted it to light up. Some of the "don't forget to turn this off" style buttons glow different colours and are great for remembering to turn it off when you get off the bike. With this kind of switch you will have to figure out what the wires did - and look at the markings on the switch. If the markings don't make sense on the switch, then you'll have to test the switch.

The following users liked this post:
dannoxyz (07-07-2023)
Old 07-13-2009, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by FITZ
Im going to go with it wont turn on? I mean what do you think the worst thing would be? Your fine and do you have pictures of these speakers and toggle switch? I gotta see this
sure ill post some pics today

Old 07-13-2009, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by woot
Dude - didn't see the cross post until now.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96899

What I said before was:

If he used a two prong switch - it simply connects prong 1 to prong 2 - meaning you can't do it wrong.

If he had used a three prong switch - one prong is supposed to be power, the other ground, and the last to the device. A three prong switch is used if he wanted it to light up. Some of the "don't forget to turn this off" style buttons glow different colours and are great for remembering to turn it off when you get off the bike. With this kind of switch you will have to figure out what the wires did - and look at the markings on the switch. If the markings don't make sense on the switch, then you'll have to test the switch.
thx much man..

Old 07-13-2009, 10:32 PM

cant you just trace the power wire to the battery?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by FITZ
cant you just trace the power wire to the battery?
i could but its already fix

Old 07-26-2009, 09:58 PM

oh yeah this is the only pic i took.. sorry if it took so long.. i got 2 clarion speakers on both side

Quick Reply: CBR Ipod Toggle Switch?