CBR 600 vs. YZF-r6

Old 08-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR 600 vs. YZF-r6

Hello, im currently looking into different bikes in the 600 class and have narrowed it down to the Cbr and the Yzf and I was wondering what your different thoughts where about each bike......Handling.....Reliabilty......and so forth....

Thanks

Old 08-18-2005, 05:29 PM
Default RE: CBR 600 vs. YZF-r6

CBR = GOOD / YZF = BAD .......... NUFF SAID .......... LOL

Old 08-18-2005, 09:09 PM

kawasaki = better

but all kidding aside honestly the 600 class bike are so close together it comes to personal prefference. a race between a 600rr a 636 and a r6 would be about dead even in the long run. i mean rider weight/skill will make more of a difference than the bike. so just get what you like

Old 08-18-2005, 10:34 PM

i would have to say the honda is best all around bike, other than comfort. The kawi is best straight line, the yamaha is very easy to get the hang of and looks nice and the handling is very good. The RR is however the most RACE feeling bike of the group, super stiff handling that takes a minute to get used to, and a higher rev powerband, the power sneaks on you, midband to high end power doesn't really feel like a 600, more like a 750, but bottom end just isn't there. Kawi is best outta the hole. I have driven all 3, and I own the honda. There isn't a bad bike in the class, if you want comfort, get the R6, if you want to straight line, try the kawi.

honda is by far the sexiest as well, plus, im a honda guy, lowest cost to maintain and own, massive parts availability, highest top speed, second fastest quarter mile, and HANDLING for days. I have slid the back on this a few times and it tracks right back very well. Don't get it if you want wheelies, go for the kawi for wheelies, R6 is good wheelier too.

Search this Thread