Cant Get It Up...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cant Get It Up...

Well, if you've been riding for three years i'm sure you have enough experience to know how a bike reacts to different things. Like everyone's saying, take things slow. Don't bite off more than you can chew and do it in a remote area with no traffic or anything to mess with your judgement. Be careful and wear your gear. I have the same bike, and I do stand-ups mostly. Power them up in 2nd about 45-55 mph, or 3rd 70-85 mph. Depends on if you just want to do sit downs or whatever. With sit downs you've gotta clutch em up to have more control. Keep doing more little by little and you'll find yourself closer to the BP and able to ride them out longer. Ride safe man, keep us posted.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:18 PM

+1 ^^ i have an 03 stock and i can get my bike up doing standup wheelies in 2nd gear easy, 3rd if im going up hill slope. just take your time and use your clutch to bring it up, way safer than power wheelies, cover the rear brake and wear your gear!!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:30 PM

I agree that clutchin 2nd or 3rd is a tad bit safer than powerin up in 1st. you have a lot more powerband for a 2nd gear than you do for a 1st... but all in all, be safe. the last place you want to end up is bellyside up.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:06 AM

i dont know about you guys but wheelies are way easier in first gear powerin it than anything. compress the front and snap back... but it takes alot of skill to do right and safely. you have to have throttle controll down, quick thinkin, and know how to react to different situations.

i hate that i wheelie every once in a while cuz i hate squids, but i cant help it cuz its way too fun... but know that i only do then when 1. noones on the road, 2. its a straight, level street that i know, 3. i have to beable toonly injure myself if anything goes wrong. oh and i dont ever do anything on one wheel at high speeds.

if you got the skills, and then have the *****, go try in an empty parking lot with lots of space. have fun, keep it slow, and never jump too far ahead of yourself.

oh yeah, 1 more thing... they are freakin addictive so if you dont want to have the urge then dont start at all

Old 07-02-2008, 01:52 AM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Leave the public display of dumba$$ to the suzuki and yammi riders.

Try at lower speeds and little by little in a parking lot with your gear and the bike's protection. Good luck and keep the shiny side up. I've been on my '07 now for close to a year(which is no time)but I still don't have the courage to even try wheelies in a parking lots..[:-]...lol
Not even a little snap in 1st? I mean it's sooo easy!

Old 07-02-2008, 02:55 AM

crank, dont listen to him! he is trying to take you to the dark side!!
im tellin you once you do one your hooked... dont start i wish i never did

Old 07-02-2008, 04:59 PM

Clutching from what i have heard is less dangerous and in my opinion much easier, i honestly dont get power wheelies, i suck at them.

second gear wheelies, go about 45 mph, should be about 6 or 7k rpms with stock gears, while accelerating pull in the clutch half way with one finger and give it some more gas, let it rev up to about 12 or 13k (listen to the engine dont look at the gauges) and let it back out fast (its just a fast in and out motion but you have to let it rev up a little, i had a probelm with not letting it rev up)

if you rev it up enough and let it out fast enough you should atleast surge forward. do that more and more and each time rev it up alittle more, your front should pop up higher, eventually you will get it the balance point and be a happy camper.

what i just said is pretty much the same as other wheelie how to's but they might be more indepth so read those as well, and have fun.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:19 PM

dumping the clutch can break or damage your clutch plates tho. if not instantly then over time for sure

powers get it up using the pure power of your engine and throttle control.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Gville George

Clutching from what i have heard is less dangerous and in my opinion much easier, i honestly dont get power wheelies, i suck at them.

second gear wheelies, go about 45 mph, should be about 6 or 7k rpms with stock gears, while accelerating pull in the clutch half way with one finger and give it some more gas, let it rev up to about 12 or 13k (listen to the engine dont look at the gauges) and let it back out fast (its just a fast in and out motion but you have to let it rev up a little, i had a probelm with not letting it rev up)

if you rev it up enough and let it out fast enough you should atleast surge forward. do that more and more and each time rev it up alittle more, your front should pop up higher, eventually you will get it the balance point and be a happy camper.

what i just said is pretty much the same as other wheelie how to's but they might be more indepth so read those as well, and have fun.
Rev it up to 12-13k? are you kidding? TERRIBLE advice bro.

To clutch it up its a real quick motion. pulling in the clutch and releasing while at the same time snapping the throttle. 1 fluent motion. Its all about timing. I also bounce the bike at the same time.

I had a 07 600rr and it came up no problem with stock gearing. Just practice and take your time.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Wow there is some really poor info in this thread.