Can't decide. So it is up to you. Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't decide. So it is up to you. Exhaust

Ok guys I am going to get a new slip on for my 2005 CBR600RR. I have searched this site and many more and I just can't decide what I want. I am someone that is very back and forth on things. I am also new to motorcycles and I don't know all the different brands. Here is what I want:

Better Looks and Sound
Don't want it to stick way out past the rear fender
Durability-Don't want one that rusts out and then have to get another in a few years. Will have bike atleast 5 years.
Don't want to spend much over $300, would like to be around $250.

Here are some I found on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WD1V

Micron

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Yoshimura

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Jardine

Let me know what I should get. Thanks for the help. I am going to order by the end of the week so any help will be well worth it. I was leading toward the Jardine. Like the look and price and heard it sounds just like the Yoshimura one. Not many have it though and heard it sticks out a little farther than others.

Old 07-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Default RE: Can't decide. So it is up to you. Exhaust

I have the yoshi and like it a few of the other's stick out to far for my liking and they are not allways straight

Old 07-25-2005, 10:06 PM

Yeap, yoshi was a perfect for my bike.. I reccomend replacing the seal when you put on the slipon so you don't get any leak.

Old 07-25-2005, 11:44 PM

I am telling you, Yosh just fills the tail out better. The performance and sound are the same.

Old 07-25-2005, 11:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Minhtin

Yeap, yoshi was a perfect for my bike.. I reccomend replacing the seal when you put on the slipon so you don't get any leak.

What seal and where do I get one??? Does it come with the new exhaust?? Also before I sound like a real dumb *** what exactly is the whole thing with a slip on?? I thought it was a whole new muffler but I guess it isn't?????? I am not installing this, the local shop is but I want to know exactly what it is.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: RRip

I am telling you, Yosh just fills the tail out better. The performance and sound are the same.

So then you are saying that if I like the looks of the Jardine then I should get it since the performance and durability would be the same between the two??? I just heard some people say Jardine is junk. I don't understand that since Team Honda uses them????

Old 07-26-2005, 04:49 AM

Slip on doesn't replace the header. Just from mid section to back like most exhaust on cars (exluding cat converter). The gasket (not seal sorry) doesn't come with new yoshi pipe. It's used at the section where you connect your slip on onto your 4 to 1 collector mid section. Just a precautionary thing, you can re-use your old one if you want.

Old 07-26-2005, 10:46 AM

The way I see it, most aftermarket cans (I said most) are pretty much the same inside. Its a straight baffle pipe. The performance increase (and its not much) comes from removing the stock can that contains a stupid butterfly flapper controlled by the throttle. Removing this gets you a straight air flow. If you hold the can up and see directly through it, you are good. The rest is eye candy. Honda probably uses Jardine because they got a good pitch and a sweet setup from the Jardine marketing sales crew. Thats the way it usually works in cases like these. Think about it, how much can really be done to a straight baffle? I don't care what the numbers say. Its Coke vs Pepsi man.

Old 07-26-2005, 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: RRip

The way I see it, most aftermarket cans (I said most) are pretty much the same inside. Its a straight baffle pipe. The performance increase (and its not much) comes from removing the stock can that contains a stupid butterfly flapper controlled by the throttle. Removing this gets you a straight air flow. If you hold the can up and see directly through it, you are good. The rest is eye candy. Honda probably uses Jardine because they got a good pitch and a sweet setup from the Jardine marketing sales crew. Thats the way it usually works in cases like these. Think about it, how much can really be done to a straight baffle? I don't care what the numbers say. Its Coke vs Pepsi man.

That is kind of the way it was looking to me in the first place. I know that the performance has to be pretty close. My main concern was the durability and fit of the products. When I talked to my local shop and asked for Jardine they kind of laughed about it. They said they only sold Micron and Yoshimura for the CBR's, not many of the Jardines(which is the one I wanted). Now it could be that they told me the Jardine would be $230 and the Yoshimura would be $360. I did TONS of searching here before asking and I saw a lot of guys that have both the Jardine and Yosh and both like them. I did see a few people that have Yosh say that Jardine was junk. I have also seen those that have Jardine say it is great and has great sound and durability. I guess it is just like Ford vs. Chevy also.

Bottom line is I want to know between Jardine and Yoshimura which one fits the best and is the most durable. I don't care about sound as it seems they are pretty close. I can get the Jardine for $240 shipped or the Yoshimura for $310 shipped. I like the look of the Jardine with the circular can but I don't want one that sticks way out. I also plan to have the bike for about five years or more and only want to do this once.

Which one is more durable and fits the best?????? That is the one I want.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:01 PM

IMO...

(Yosh owner here)... Yosh fits better and Jardine is more durable.

Quick Reply: Can't decide. So it is up to you. Exhaust