Calling all race fans!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all race fans!!!

This year seems to be less motorcycle racing shown on the SPEED Channel. Maybe they will air the shows at a later date. [&o]"Two Wheel" Tuesdays show more four wheel shows... I ask to spread the word, to contact the SPEED channel, that we want to see our sport just like NASCAR or anyother racingfan. The same can be sent to ESPN, they have several channels too, glad they are broadcasting Metric Revolution. So lets get more TV air time. THANKS!!!

Old 04-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Default RE: Calling all race fans!!!

I feel your pain. This has been disscussed on so many forums with everyone feeling jipped and feeling nascar has taken over speed. Probelm is you live in the U.S. and moto racing just doesnt sell here like nascar. Speed doesnt car about bringing races to the people they care about getting their cut. When it was speed vision it was a great channel. They need to create a nascar channel. Remember it is also still early in the season. WSBK is usually on speed on Tuesdays mornings at 9-10 in the morning something like that. AMA SB wont be back on till like Apr 22 at barber and Moto Gp will be back on Apr 22 as well in turkey. I agree thoe but we are just in the wrong country for a heavy moto following.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:53 PM

I'm with you guys! I freakin' hate Nascar, but everyone has their likes/dislikes. Don't they have their own channel? Hell, you see Nascar on Fox, TNT, SPEED and other channels...you can only watch MotoGP/AMA on the SPEED channel. It does seem like there's less motorcycle racing and more Nascar. They used to show re-runs of the races all of the time, not anymore. I think SPEED should make seperate channels for MotoGP/AMA, Nascar and so on. Don't cater to one party more than the other.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:54 AM

haha separate channels! thats almsot comical
It sucks but in all honesty motorcycle racing fans make up about 10% or less of Speed channels viewers, and nascar fans make up at least 80%, probably more.
I actually think we are lucky to get what they show us. We get to see all of WSBK, WSS, MotoGP, 250GP, 125GP, AMA, etc...True the timing isn't always great but for the most part they get in the important stuff on the Sunday of race weekends. About half of the WSBK races are put off until the following Tuesdays, as are some of the 250 races and AMA FX, Superstock and Supersport.

Here is the 2007 racing schedule I posted if ya'll want to see Sun vs Tue air dates

actually I think it was reported that a rerun of "Pinks" on Sunday morning had more viewers than a MotoGP race later that day (that was sometime last year), so really we're lucky its just hard as fans to see it like that

please watch what you send to speed. Ya'll may remember a while back, there was a big wave of people sending hate mail to speed about Greg White. Every motorcycle board I'm a member of had links to "fire greg white" petitions and that kind of crap. Well merry f'in Christmas they canceled 2WT just a few months later....Then of course those were the same people that just couldn't figure out why on earth speed channel would cancel the show...
I hope all ya'll that signed those stupid things are very happy with "Squidbikes!"

Sometimes people need to learn to keep their mouths shut, bitching about little things often just makes it worse

oh and be sure to include in your hate mail to speed to hang onto Despain! a quote from tonight's Wind Tunnel:

This is the motor bike guy in me encouraging you to watch MotoGP
now granted he was saying it refering to technology trickling down to production vehicles, but you gotta love a guy that tells a nascar fan on a predominantly nascar channel to watch MotoGP, hehe...

Old 04-02-2007, 01:57 AM

oh and Fox airing the USGP live is a good step in the right direction

Old 04-02-2007, 02:18 AM

80% of speed channel viewers are NASCAR FANS HUH! Ohh my Freaking geez son of a beep bee%%%#$#%%$#$%$%% Dear god our worst fears have been realized. NASCAR FANS ARE BREEDING nooooooooooooo.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:05 AM

I can't believe the NASCAR bashing post is dead lol

Old 04-04-2007, 02:54 PM

I wasn't asking for anyone to send HATE mail.... I sometime watch NASCAR & know its about the $$$, but I'm sure they can do more Sport Bike racing than maybe 2 hours a week, if that. Even with re-runs of prior races or a recap show of whats going on. I thought Greg White show, "2WT"could have used some spicing up... But did watch it. "Super Bike" was a nice addition, but now its continuous re-runs.... ESPN 2 picked up "Meteric Revoulution", which is nice. I'm sure there are more bike enthusist to make a positive change. Come on, 2 hours + of car auctions!!! They could show Amature racing & all the PRO news & info for 30 mins to a hour... [:'(]At least on Tuesdays give us most of the day 2 wheel racing & shows. Safe riding!!!!

Old 04-04-2007, 03:41 PM

i link nascar so just more shows for me to watch. i cant say i can help u guyz out sence i dont watch any bike racing.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:40 PM

It's not hate mail cycdup I just think its sad to watch stuff go around in a big circle thats just not a sport I'm sorry Thats like watching the browns compete for first place swishing around in the toilet bowl. Remember bumping is flushing roflmao lol

Quick Reply: Calling all race fans!!!