Busted

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Busted

Hey guys just figured i would c if anyone else has let the little guy inside your headtellingu todo stupid things...haha I Had a random warm day up here in new hampshire so i decided i would bust out the bike. Well that was dumb i went for a 15 min ride. Went up Rt132. didnt go fast just cruised b/c the roads are pretty sandy up here....well then i got to the on ramp of I93 and decided i would go up on the interstate b/c i just did some work to the bike over the winter and wanted to try it out. Well i quickly found out y i hate ridding on an interstate because it straight and boring...so what do i do a little slip of the clutch and im on one wheel for a 1/2 mile and as soon as i set it down there he is[&:]. THE 5-0 aka the men in blue[:@]... now after talking to the cop im not loosing my license and i dont have a 1000$ fine instead i worked a deal out to lower the fine to 250 and signed an agreement that i wouldnt ride my bike on any public road for 6 months....ALL SUMMER!!! looks like i'll be sitting home alot on the weekends when all my buddies are out having fun...boy is this gunna smarten me up....lots of track days between now and september!

Old 03-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Default RE: Busted

Well @ least ya can do track days.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:54 PM

yea that crap... for most part its just the luck of the road the gets the best and the worse of us..
you were unlucky in this case thats all.
btw, now that the decision came in that your license will not be suspended, see if you can appeal to reduce the sentence.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:17 PM

Why the fine so steep and why did you sign anything? I am not from NH, I am from orlando and i know here you can get arrested and lose your bike for 10 days with a 100 careless ticket.

I just want to understand how you can ride a wheelie and get pulled over and lose teh road for 6months. too steep for me. Move to Orlando

Old 03-16-2007, 07:03 PM

FYI...they CAN'T make any agreements BEFORE the actual court date. That's unconstitutional. So, here's what I'm thinking: Maybe, just maybe, they're trying to promote like a public safety awareness thingamaboper, you abide by the signed terms, and then, when you do go to court, you'll have a lawyer, hopefully, and that's when everyone can argue about everything and maybe a different "setence" will be issued, if anything, because a real judicial system would've just gave you a ticket, etc. But 6 months?! WTF! If he ticketed you for wreckless opp., yeah, that's a Mis 1, and carries a 180 day (6 month) max sentence, but even then, they rarely ever hand anything out more than 30 days and you still haven't gone to court yet, so...just get yourself a lawyer, consult with them, and take things from there. Anyways...yeah, look at the brightside, they never said anything about not being able to do trackday's! Tell them ,"Hey, if I can't ride my bike on public roads for 6 months, I expect you to pay for my trackdays!"...I mean hell, 6 months!, that's like cruel and unusual punishment! Wish the best for you, keep us posted!

Old 03-16-2007, 07:40 PM

get a lawyer + get sentace reduced to a safety class or some garbage and ride all summer like a good boy...case closed

Old 03-16-2007, 08:48 PM

yea dude, you got raped. i know it may be completely different, but i got a wreckless operation ticket for the same thing.i know louisianastate law says maximum fine of $200 or no more than 10 days in jail, no ifs ands or buts, thats all they can do to us here (2nd offense is manditory 10 days jail though, lol). i know it may be different there, but i couldnt see ever getting a $1000 fine

Old 03-17-2007, 02:14 AM

yea here it's negligant driving but me and the officer sat down together and rather then lose my license completely for 6months i just lost my motorcycle for 6! still sucks but whatev it was bound to happen and i need to smarten up on the road...haha i just wish i didnt know how to do wheelies racing motocross taught me how to handle a bike to good and i get bored cruising around! but hey i need my license to get back and forth to work so i'll take the penalty...im thinken about making the RR my race bike and getting a more casual/comfortable bike for the road to calm me down a bit...i dunno but the rest ofmy summer is going to suck specially when all the boys are out riding and im stuck here lol

Old 03-17-2007, 02:26 AM

is it bad to be a cop (or former) and a rider?

Old 03-17-2007, 08:04 PM

You wouldn't of been so bored if you'd of been hitting up some twisties! And remember, you can always go to track days. It's not like you "can't ride".

Quick Reply: Busted