Break Light Is ALWAYS On.... How Do I Fix This?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Break Light Is ALWAYS On.... How Do I Fix This?

Well today I installed my FE/IT kit from motodynamic. Great product and looks good.

At first I though I had a problem b/c the taillight would not light up when I hit the break. Also my turn signals were opposites when I turned them on. The turn signals were an easy fix. I think in their instructions motodynamic has the colors swapped around..

But as for the taillight, I called them up spoke with someone and he suggested that I take out the red and white wire from their taillight and swap them with one another. Let me tell you how much of a PITA that was to do. So I did that same problem, no break light.

Then to make sure tail light was messed up, on their wiring from their taillight (red/whit and black wire) he wanted me to directly power it up from the battery bypassing Honda's wiring.

So to do this, I had to pull out the red/white wires again, this time it was easier. Then I needed to jumper the black wire (ground) to my (-) battery terminal and touch one by one the red and white wires to the (+) battery terminal.

White = lights flash 3 times then go to a solid red light state

Red = solid state but dim

All the above is normal for what the tail light is doing. He thinks that my front or rear break switch is activated or touching therefore my break light is ALWAYS on...

Anyone have any idea how to go about fixing this?