Braking Problems. PEASE HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Braking Problems. PEASE HELP!!!!!

Hi All

I need help please. I am having problems with my front braking on my new Honda CBR600rr 2007. When I brake i get a vibration through the steering column and it is so bad you can actually hear it! This caused an accident after I've had the bike for a month. I took it back to Honda and they simply refused to fix it because they said it was because of my own fault. They told me that because the swing arm was made longer for this model, the rear tyre may start bouncing and that is the vibration i felt (just before I saw my **** on the turn). Long story short: the insurance fixed the bike, I changed my riding style to accomodate for the vibrations that still occur and I haven't had an accident yet. BUT it is going to happen again. I am getting very pissed off with every one including Honda for being full of excuses and no answers. The vibrating occurs even when i'm in nuetral freeing down towards a red light...slowly....NOT FAST. I've had my dealer where I bought the bike look at it and they just shrug their shoulders and tell me there's nothing wrong. Please can anybody provide me with an answer as to why this awsome bike will have a problem like this. I want to fix it. I can't take the bike out on track days because of this. Can you imagine what's to happen if I had to come down onto a turn and break just a little bit hard...bye bye bike. I love my bike, it's not going anywhere..espaecialy not onto the scrap heap. If i can get an answer as to why this is happening then i can go to my nearest Honda dealer and tell them what to fix or to look for. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Braking Problems. PEASE HELP!!!!!

Sounds like warped front rotors to me - something is causing the front pads to chatter. Maybe have a different Honda dealership take a look at the brakes?

Old 10-16-2007, 07:42 AM

hey bro.. i thought i was the only one..except my vibrations are not as bad as yours..as far as what is causing it i cannot say..but i do know however that unless you put a comprehensive warranty.the dealer will screw you..i sujjest finding someone who knows how to work on bikes..(besides the dealer) and pay them in beer..or pot..

Old 10-16-2007, 08:07 AM

I've just had some awsome news. It helps to complain. Ex Honda Pro Racer, Bobby Scott phoned me now and said I should bring the bike in tomorrow. He owns one of the Honda Wings here in Pretoria. He reckons it could be a faulty bearing on my steering column or just a loose nut in the steering column. I'm taking the bike in tomorrow and they are going to have a loot at it for me. Will keep you posted.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:46 AM

its weird that you dont feel the vibrations on the streering column when you ride but only when you brake.
its possible that it can be just that nut but i would also check the rotors.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:37 PM

Have you checked your rear wheel alignment?

Old 10-21-2007, 03:21 AM

I have the same exact problem.I thought i was the only on too. I went to the dealer to go get it checked out and they said the same exact thing. They said that there was nothing wrong with it and that it was probably just my suspension bottoming out and vibrating or something like that.But yea Its been getting worse and worse and we need to find out what it is soon before it creates a bigger problem

Old 10-21-2007, 06:26 AM

Bet on the bearings. Order up a set of "ALL *****" tapered rollers to replace the OE plastic caged ball bearings.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:44 AM

I have a similar experience. Although my '07 only has 500 miles on it. Doubt mine are bearings. Feels like when disk brakes are hitting metal and you can feel that through the steering. 100 more miles and mine goes in anyway. I'll see what they find/if anything. Yes, and mine happen exactly as the first post... when gearing down and slowing to a stop with the brakes. Sounds like there are a few people experiencing this here.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:24 AM

Ettienne, any word on what was causing the issue? I'd have to believe it's something in the brakes since the symptoms don't occur unless you're braking. I guess the extra strain on the steering column during braking could relate to a column bearing...good luck with that. Hopefully you have it resolved.

Skical, sounds like it's your riding style causing your chatter. You say it happens the same way as the "first post." The first post says it occurs when slowing down while in neutral. You're saying yours happens while "gearing down and slowing to a stop". A slipper clutch might eliminate your problem, but before just throwing parts at it, try switching your riding style. Try rev-matching: before you down shift, rev up a little while the clutch is disengaged. That way, the high-revving motor won't have to engine brake suddenly...which would be the cause of the rear wheel chatter.

Quick Reply: Braking Problems. PEASE HELP!!!!!