Both lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Both lights

Hey is there a way I can have both lights on all the time but not at high beam...is there something i can do with the wires from the first light so connect the other one too and so both will be on all the time and when i want to high beam they can go to high beam I just think that both lights on looks good and also people will see me more witha little more light...

One more problem I am having is putting pictures up ... i took so many pictures yesterday and today i came on to put them up and poof it wont go online ERRORRSSSS everywhere....well i think if you can help me a lill wit that...

Thanx ya'all have a nice one..

Jimmy

Old 09-30-2006, 11:05 PM
Default RE: Both lights

You're gonna need to do some rewiring and dual filament bulbs to get the headlights working how you want. Do a search and you'll find a write up or two on it.

As for posting pics, you're probably trying to put up pics that are too big. Either trim them down or you'll have to put up a link to an album.

Old 10-01-2006, 12:40 AM

Thanx Dragon...

Where did you get that Avtar from I want to put one on but dont know where to get it ????

Old 10-01-2006, 01:03 AM

Did you do your search on how to do this? I got pulled over tonight for having a headlight out, when the cop got to me I showed him that it was the bright light? He felt stupid, but I am happy that I was not drinking.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:57 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: arkansashog

Did you do your search on how to do this? I got pulled over tonight for having a headlight out, when the cop got to me I showed him that it was the bright light? He felt stupid, but I am happy that I was not drinking.

WTF????? You were happy that you weren't drinking?? DUDE??? Do you drink and ride??? OMFG!

Old 10-01-2006, 08:11 AM

Isn't it illegal to have both lights on when in heavy traffic?

Old 10-01-2006, 01:11 PM

depends on your states law but most no. only at night when traffic is comming toward you or you are following another auto. I belive they give you a distance as well.

Old 10-11-2006, 04:25 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I always ride with both lights on highbeam, when it gets dark out. I want to make sure I see, as well as be seen by others, and it works great. I haven't had a cop pull me over for having my brights on. Cars don't know that I have my high beams on either. If they did, they would be flashing me their light or the finger, so its all good here. Thats how I roll...

That one light business is a European thing, huge in Europe. I guess North Americans are **** about the one light. Oh well to each their own.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:20 PM

I'll have to agree. I always ride with the high beam on at night. I'm way more worried about me being able to see and be seen than whether or not the car ahead of me is irritated. I've never had a problem though. No blinks, no horns, no fingers, no cops. Just being safe.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:14 AM

ORIGINAL: illmattix

I'll have to agree. I always ride with the high beam on at night. I'm way more worried about me being able to see and be seen than whether or not the car ahead of me is irritated. I've never had a problem though. No blinks, no horns, no fingers, no cops. Just being safe.
It's recommend to drive with high beams during the day and low beams at night...you got to remember, some drivers act like moths going to your porch light...it's like some weird target fixation.

Personally, I stay alert and just use the low beams all the time (not recommended)...I can literally count the times I've used the high beams in three years on one hand...no joke...and I ride at all times of the day and night.

Quick Reply: Both lights