bone stock 2009 cbr600rr sounds like its hitting a rev limiter at 7000 rpm

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bone stock 2009 cbr600rr sounds like its hitting a rev limiter at 7000 rpm

i have a 09 600rr with 4k on it, about two months ago it was in the 100's outside and we were riding pretty hard. my bike never over heated but when we were coming home i thought i heard my bike pinging. so while i was cruising around 50 i pulled the clutch in and tried to bring the rpm's up from idle to 7k. i couldn't get it less that 5k and when trying to hold it at 5k it jumped around from 5000 to 5500 rpm. the same thing happens all the way up to 13000 rpm. only when the clutch is in or the bike is in neutral. when going under 15 mph i can hold it steady at any rpm. anything above 15 mph it sounds like its hitting a rev limiter. if anyone has the same problem or knows what i can do please let me know. ive taken it to 2 different honda shops and they told me its normal. one told me that i need to buy a power commander to fix the problem, which doesn't make since because the my bike is completely stock

Last edited by j.nick66; 10-26-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: left out key factors for diagnosing
Old 10-26-2009, 12:23 PM

Yeah you dont need a power commander to fix this... But I am little confused I tried reading it a couple times... So what your saying is you cant hold it at a desired speed and it just jumps up? Any chance of getting some footage of it running so maybe we could here what it sounds like... Id take it back to the Honda you bought it from and if there s clearly a problem than just bitch.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:56 PM

sorry cbrsix for the confusion i just got back from an 8 hour ride and i didn't read it myself after posting it. ive corrected the posting now. i for got to mention the key factor, the bike only does it when the clutch is in or the bike is in neutral. i had some people tell me it was chain lash. that i probaply have a tight spot on the chain, but it does it when im in 6th gear doing 90. ive had people tell me it a plug fouled out. idk whats wrong with my bike but it shouldn't have and problems with only 4k on it and everything stock.