bike wont start

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bike wont start

Alright well lets talk about a ****ty day. It started off by coming out to my bike and realizing that there is a screw in my brand new pilot power. Yup thats right Bought them two weeks ago and now I have to get a new one. NOW the real problem... I purchased the clear alternatives intergrated signals and installed them no problem. I go to start up the bike and all I get is cranking. I can hear the fuel pump kick on when I turn key, the kill switch is fine the bike is in neutral so I cant figure it out. I mean its not the battery or gas cause I filled the tank up and all the lights come on. The horn even sounds differernt. If you guys got anything that might help I would appreciate it.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Default RE: bike wont start

When ever I try to start the bike it cranks really fast and doesnt seem normal. I dont think it has anything to do with the turn signals I installed but I mean its an 06 with 7000 miles on it so its hard to believe it shouldnt be starting.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:16 AM

check your fuses homie. if your horn sounds weird you might have some kinda short. altho if its trying to start with the electrical it seems unlikely. your sure you got gas?? cuz i was workin on my bike and unpluged everything. for some reason my gas meter doesnt flash anymore and i ran outta gass without even knowing it. i was seeing dollar signs for what the prob was. thank god it was just gas

other than that. make sure your oil is cool and hope your oil wasnt bad and didnt seize your engine

Old 06-23-2008, 11:04 AM

yea I thought it might have been gas too so i put a little bit in and it still didnt start

Old 06-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Banned

Hmmm...well I surely can't imagine that improper signal wiring would cause a bike to not start. Weird problem for sure...you didn't accidently snip a rogue wire somewhere, did you? It almost certainly sounds electrical based on the increased speed of the cranking and the horn issue. Disconnect the signals and check all your wiring. You may have even pulled something out of a harness somewhere.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:19 PM

yea we completely disconnected all the wires to the signals and we still got the same problem. I have no clue what it could be, could my engine be flooded?

Old 06-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: FITZ

yea we completely disconnected all the wires to the signals and we still got the same problem. I have no clue what it could be, could my engine be flooded?
I suppose, but how the hell would you have done that? Give it some good throttle as you turn it over and see what happens.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:28 PM

well you are fuel injected.. so i seriously doubt your flooded. i mean if you were sittin there flipping the switch back and forth all day im sure it would flood, but other than that its not going to.

try giving it some time i guess? then go back and try again. check oil, check all harnesses, check all the fuses, make sure theres gas in it, and cross your fingers.

if not i would say.. take it to the shop and watch $$$ roll before your eyes

good luck and sorry bro

Old 06-23-2008, 11:38 PM

i just cant imagine a bike with 7000 miles on it having something seriously wrong with it.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:41 AM

me either.

Quick Reply: bike wont start