Bike DIES at 6 months.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 03:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike DIES at 6 months.

So I am busting my *** to pay for this ****in bike. my bike had plenty of oil today. I drove to sacramento and back, and ****in i get 2 miles from my house, and my bike turns off and the oil light comes on. I called my gf who brought me a fresh quart of oil. I kept adding a little more, then trying to start, then a lil more, and now my ****in bike is DOA. it took 2 hours to get my bike towed back to my house, and i had to unbolt the fairing mounts to get the lift straps out of the ****in forks.

So. At 3500 miles, my bike ****in just dies, wont start. Now I have added so much dammed oil that the ****in thing is way over full, so I have to drain it out and prolly do another oil change, now the 3rd time the oil woulda been changed. This bike consumes so much oil its rediculous.

Has anyone else had thier bike just ****in die and never turn back on. I did a search and could only find lots of oil consumption stuff. I am so pissed. ****in 13 hours of work today, then 2 hours of fighting with my bike. plus i work 12 hours tomorrow, so i have no time to take my bike into the shop.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:19 AM
Retired Mod
Default RE: Bike DIES at 6 months.

only 6 months old? take it to the dealer and let them deal with it. that is what the warrenty is for.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:19 AM
c45

ya mine did. but i was out of gas. even though it said i had a half tank. are you sure you have gas?

Old 12-09-2005, 04:06 AM

Your bike did that? It was only at like 95 miles. I can usually pull 100-150 a tank easily. it never even flashed the gas tank. Just started to drop to last 2 bars. It does the startup flashy **** and then goes to red light, wont even turn over. I had to wait 2 hours to get towed 2 miles from my house up a steep *** hill i live on. If it is the gas I am gonna be pissed. I had an LED key, my underseat toolbox, and a quart of oil. It didnt even start starving like a car, was just running hella smoothe at 180 degrees, chillin at a stoplight, and it turned off and i had to push off to the side of the road. still reads i have gas. I will check it out tomorrow. Strange readout problem if it is the gas on the gauges. Usually i get last bar and have 30-40 miles left, when it flashes you have 20.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Nine, take it to the dealer. Stories like this one convinces me to buy the extended four year warranty just before my one year factory warranty is up.

Old 12-09-2005, 05:59 PM

dude, that SUCKS!! I've been there. Feel your pain. At least yoou have the other nice ride until the warranty comes through.

Old 12-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WARRANTY!!!

Old 12-09-2005, 09:57 PM

same thing happend to my 600 (05) its now been 2.5 month and its still at the dealership. its being covered under warranty for faulty piston rings, pistons cylinder etc.... the whole top end basically.. this is a common problem im coming to find out on these rr's. but honda wont admit that!

Old 12-10-2005, 12:13 AM

Dont wanna hear that Joe. This is my baby. Im hella glad my homie sold me the bike who i used to work with at another motorsport shop. He gave me a 3000 dollar extended comp warrantee for 5 extra years plus unlimited roadside and gap insurance for 800 bux. Plus i paid no setup or transport fees for the only tribal in the city, muahahahaa, always pays to have good hooks. The towing was free too.

On the same ride I hit a ****in squirrell and a bunch of 2x4s i didnt see across the middle of traffic, **** nearly ran me off the road into a ditch from tank slappers. Plus, since i know everyone, and have pics of thier service dept people passes out drunk in a limo and locked in thier car in thier boxer shorts in my driveway from a while back, theres no wait for service for 2 weeks+ like normal. I have an appointment to drop it sunday for repairs on tuesday. Imma still do an oil change tomorrow just in case

Old 12-10-2005, 12:47 AM

hope your buddies hook you up. i just nobody has togo through what i am dealing with.

Quick Reply: Bike DIES at 6 months.