Best (brightest) headlight bulbs for RR...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best (brightest) headlight bulbs for RR...

i don't know but on my rsx-s. silverstars burn out like a bitch.
PIAA ftw.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:12 PM

same size as you regular bulb.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:22 AM

ORIGINAL: gmischenko

Don't waste your money on Sylvania Silverstar bulbs unless you are simply looking for a "whiter-looking" light outpu, but keep in mind that those bulbs actually produce less light than their clear-lensed counterparts.

Here is an excellent site that talks about blue bulbs and which are actually brightest

Without going to HID, your best bet is a +30 or +50 bulb. However, these are sometimes difficult to find stateside and may have to be ordered online.
Is it me or are you contradicting yourself? To quote you word for word, you said [Don't waste your money on Sylvania Silverstar bulbs unless you are simply looking for a "whiter-looking" light outpu, but keep in mind that those bulbs actually produce less light than their clear-lensed counterparts]. But if you read the entire article for the link you posted, it clearly says Narva RangePower+50 and RangePower+30, GE Night Hawk, and Philips Vision Plus, and Osram Silver Star are the ones to get. Osram Silver Star = Sylvania Silverstar, same company one in the same. Did I miss something here? See link

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Osr...fp-t-500&x=wrt

Old 09-14-2006, 05:48 AM

ORIGINAL: molsen81

ORIGINAL: gmischenko

Don't waste your money on Sylvania Silverstar bulbs unless you are simply looking for a "whiter-looking" light outpu, but keep in mind that those bulbs actually produce less light than their clear-lensed counterparts.

Here is an excellent site that talks about blue bulbs and which are actually brightest

Without going to HID, your best bet is a +30 or +50 bulb. However, these are sometimes difficult to find stateside and may have to be ordered online.
Is it me or are you contradicting yourself? To quote you word for word, you said [Don't waste your money on Sylvania Silverstar bulbs unless you are simply looking for a "whiter-looking" light outpu, but keep in mind that those bulbs actually produce less light than their clear-lensed counterparts]. But if you read the entire article for the link you posted, it clearly says Narva RangePower+50 and RangePower+30, GE Night Hawk, and Philips Vision Plus, and Osram Silver Star are the ones to get. Osram Silver Star = Sylvania Silverstar, same company one in the same. Did I miss something here? See link

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Osr...fp-t-500&x=wrt
I think I figured it out. Osram has a separate company based out of Germany. Its tough trying to find a wesite to purchases these light bulbs. I used auto-lites.com.uk by way of eBay uk. Thanks gmischenko for the tip! Remember Osram not Osram-Sylvania.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:04 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a quick review of the Silverstar when I first installed them on my bike. After using them for a while now I would recommend them .. also, DO NOT get the Osram european ones, get the Silverstar U.S. version. Yes they are both sylvania but osram is the european version which is not as bright (although it's a little less expensive).

Old 09-14-2006, 02:51 PM

I have the U. S. Sylvania versions in my car. According to the link posted earlier, those are no different from the blue coated Xenons. They also have a horrible lifespan. The UK version is brighter, last longer, but is not that Lexus-looking color that most people want. I ordered some for my car and I'm going to try them out with my new TYC European housing. If they work then they will definitelt be beneficial on a bike.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:36 PM

I bought these and they seem to be a pretty good deal $40 out the door!

http://www.radial415.com/

Old 09-14-2006, 08:01 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: molsen81
The UK version is brighter, last longer, but is not that Lexus-looking color that most people want.
Are you basing this on personal experience or do you have a resource link? According to the Sylvania site (which is on the link I provided), it contradicts what you wrote; it states that the U.S. version is brighter (or at least "whiter"):
"The Sylvania North American SilverStar bulbs have a high tech amethyst blue coating to help give the whiter light appearance. The European SilverStar does not have a coating for the whiter light, making it more like the SYLVANIA (US) XtraVision product line. Both bulbs offer greater luminance (increased brightness)."

"SilverStar is up to 4000K on the color temperature scale, which is a white color that is closer to the color of daylight. Standard halogen headlights are about 3000K and have a yellowish color, in comparison."

Old 09-14-2006, 11:35 PM

Well, like I said I just ordered some from UK and I will give a report when I've tested them. I like the American version that I have right now. Its definitely a white light, but people have complained that they burn out pretty fast. I was referring to the first link that posted.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:56 AM

I know what HIDs are, but what is the cost, and is there some kind of link?

ORIGINAL: Lowcash

Whats HID? Cost? Explain plz

Quick Reply: Best (brightest) headlight bulbs for RR...