Bent SwingArm - Major Progress Made!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bent my SwingArm?!?!

Boy, those pics look like ****, the lighting is terrible in my basement but you can see that the swing arm is back on!!

Old 04-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Because you used a flash. Put the camera on something solid (like a table) and use the low light setting. You'll get much better pics.

Flash = Poo

Old 04-08-2008, 12:21 PM

Ya, I know, it was late at night and I just wanted to show some of the guys on here that I am FINALLY making some progress. I'll get better pics when I can move her out into the natural light...and I'll probably need to set the camera on high quality, it's on low right now for posting/emailing purposes.

Plus, the bike looks mad dirty, but I assure you, it is not. That's a brand new tire, 0 miles.

I just wanted to get the black swing arm and engine covers on here. This is my first nice bike, so really my first big project too, and I've made my mistakes but also learned alot in the process. Now I have to find a way to black out the rear wheel axle bolts and that center hub on the rim. I did get all the shock links done and the bolts/nuts used for assembly and she's really looking nice, the light is at the end of the tunnel!! I've decided to wait on the steel lines till I get her back together. Next is the new front tire and wave rotors, then put the plastics back on and mount up!!! I CAN"T FRICKIN WAIT!!

Of course it's gonna be 65 here until Friday, when the bike should be done, and it's gonna rain Friday night into Saturday...just my luck.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:20 PM

Looking good! Sorry to hear about your luck, sounds like mine sometimes! Glad you PCed your swingarm, I really wanted to see what mine would look like next winter when I have mine done. I always thought they should have made it black in the first place but whatever....can't wait to see the finished product...Good Luck!!!

Old 04-09-2008, 10:44 PM

looking good funks, gotta go riding next weekend, its gonna rain and be crappy this weekend... of course

Old 04-09-2008, 10:57 PM

Looking good man but next time I would not use the 17 ton jack I use those to lift up fully loaded semi trailers then they need work done. LOL so I would not use that again but looks good man the ladies will love it. LOL[:-]

Old 04-10-2008, 10:39 AM

Lesson Learned. I seriously never thought the arm would bend though. It was a press that we used for many other bearings...oh well, better off now because this black powder coating is better than the last one, so it all works out anyways.

And Jimmy...maybe Sunday? I know as soon as I get it back together, I'mriding it.

Sunday, Apr13[/align][/align]
High: 54 °FRealFeel®: 50 °F[/align]Mostly cloudy with a passing shower[/align][/align]

Old 04-10-2008, 11:48 PM

Here's a tease...

Name:  100_2598.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  82.6 KB

Name:  100_2596.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  85.2 KB

..the light is my basement is terrible but I'll get some good pics when I can get her in the natural light!!

Very Close!!!

Old 04-11-2008, 12:47 AM

Very nice friend but i have a question...... I know in texas you have to have at least one mirror on your bike where are you from and dose that law apply there or are you just a rebel? Or just not on yet?

Old 04-11-2008, 09:16 AM

I put the block off plates on there just to hold the upper on for now...the mirrors I have screw right into where that bolt is now...so those block off plates stay on with my mirrors. I have seen people in CT riding w/o any mirrors at all, and none of my buddies have ever said anything about NEEDING to have mirrors on...so I would think it doesn't matter here. Not 100% on that, however. Last night I was looking at her and thinking if I needed the mirrors or not, because I like the way it looks better w/o them.

I also found out last night that they sent me the wrong front wave rotors... [:@]...whenever the end is in sight there is always something to hold you back. Hopefully get that taken care of today.

Yesterday was 70 and sunny, today we got that storm that's been going across the country so it's 50 and raining. Hopefully Sunday I'll be able to spend some time on her.

Quick Reply: Bent SwingArm - Major Progress Made!!