bambi vs my 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bambi vs my 600rr

Well figured I'd post up. Two weeks ago mother nature decided it was time for my RR to get a face lift and send out a few minions to do the job. Few details are as such, 65 mph in a upward switch back turn through the bass lake area if any of you know the area, it was dusk and clear, I was feeling great the bike was clean riding on my A game and had a big new York steak waiting for me at home and about 1 mile away from the house BAM deer on my right passed him no issue glance left up into the top of that turn and here comes bambi full bore at me, nothing I could do but power through it so I'm guessing since I didn't go down nor get a scratch on me I wot through it and only pulled over because the bike shut off....lol o wanted my new York steak

Old 08-23-2011, 11:01 AM

pics? damage?

Old 08-23-2011, 12:01 PM
August 2011 ROTM

aww, is bambi ok? haha How much of damages did you get on your bike?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:12 PM

Pics when I get home I haven't mastered HTC EVO uploads to forums yet, bambi is dead I ran back in full gear to make sure the c#*t was, bike is prob going to be totalled by insurance, but it took out the upper an lower cowlings headlights air box both side cowls the Rad is bent around my headers so its fixable but the adjuster came out and with the matte black paint with pinstripping on it he seemed to lean towards it costing too much to fix

Old 08-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dam, man. Sorry to hear that.

Full gear ftw, though Name:  grinning-smiley-003.gif
Views: 14
Size:  139 Bytes

Old 08-23-2011, 09:01 PM

Yea thanks man,

I was riding 100 miles round trip to work n home everyday full gear is the only way even in the heat I like my skin too much cuz you never know when something that "won't happen to me" happens

Old 08-24-2011, 10:01 PM

wow man! thats nuts. Glad you are ok they. You WOT'd thru bambi? I can't stress the word "wow" enough! some one else could have been typing this out for you. at least you have full coverage. hopefully something good gets worked out over this mess. where I go thru there are always deer around and I have to watch very carefully bc they WILL wait til you come up on them to run out..they have no brains I swear. I always look for glimmering eyes. and another thing to remember, there are usually more then one, so as soon as you see one, immediately begin slowing way down.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:01 AM

Well I'm sure you've heard it enough but at least your ok and maybe you can get enough out of the bike to get a new with a few more mods or something

Old 09-01-2011, 07:10 AM

Now you gotta watch out for angry relatives. I wouldn't take the same way home again. Glad you're okay brother.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:32 AM

Actually a few days later I blasted a group of wild turkey with my 5 series after honking slowing down to a roll and yelling out the window they wouldn't move so WOT through them too it was like angry birds for real life feathers everywhere I swear mother nature hates me

Quick Reply: bambi vs my 600rr