bagpack question

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 04:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bagpack question

Umm I ride to school like almost everyday now and my bagpack is getting all annoying and just not the right one i guess to have on the back while riding...

Do you guys have suggestions what kinda bagpacks to use or something or maybe where I can get them for less?

JIMMY

sorry if it was a too weird of a question...

Old 10-05-2006, 05:04 AM
Default RE: bagpack question

I just use the cheap ole' Target speacials (14 bucks) and never really been bothered by it...of course I'd rather ride without one, but I wear one so much that I actually feel a little naked without one. If you don't like wearing one, get a cargo net and strap it to the tail section.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:37 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure if it was just my dealer doing this, but I got a 1 year free membership to HRCA (Honda Riders Club of America) when I bought my bike. They get discounts from various places. I bought myself a Ogio Backpack. AWESOME! They are built for riding, have ton's of storage, and doesn't look like a miniature refrigerator on your back (they're very sleek). It even comes with a Camelback like feature which I thought was pretty handy (used it a few times too).

Anyway, here's the link. I think we get it for 53 bucks shipped (versus the 90 plus shipping it normally costs). ----Well worth it.

http://www.ogio.com/hrca1/

I went with the Ogio 1950 Fire (red.....naturally). Can't find anything wrong with them (other than the fact that you have to wear it.....lol.) I love riding without a backpack, but when I need it, this one is great. Seems like it isn't there sometimes.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:54 AM

i think i'm gonna get one of those...thanks...
do they make any tank bags?...i think i need that too...i'm carrying my lunch, gym clothes, shoes and other junks in one bulky back pack right now...
oh...and to the guys with fender eliminator...where do you guys strap your cargo net?...i have no idea where i'm going to hook the net...

Old 10-05-2006, 08:06 AM

i forget who makes tank-bags, but when i was in High school - Backpack wasnt even a problem for me.. and i had maybe 4 books in it (the big ones) and then in the mornings i would get a liter of choc milk(acid reflex in the mornings). i know your shoulders probbly are feeling the pain man - I had that feelings (also the strap burn if your back-pack.

bagpacks are way too small (if you are talking about the strap around the waist) - if you dont like back-packs on your back, just reverse it and have it on your stomach - kind-of relieves the stress on the traps, but believe me - wear the backpack on your back for awhile, and your traps will get so huge (your shoulder muscles)

tank-bags are your next best bet, but you have to take off the bag everytime you want to fuel up (dont know how difficult it is to put on and take off, but seems annoying enough then just straddling off your bike with your back-pack)

a cheap back-pack is still good, just make sure the straps are comfortable (if you are riding with just a shirt or something) also a plus would be a waist buckle on it, it will take some of the weight off your shoulders and on your stomach (waist straps also stop the distribution of weight in the back-pack) where with no waist straps the pack will lean heavily to one side when going inturn a turn..

I think your best-bet is to stick to a back-pack.. especially if it's everyday use..

and where to get a nice one.. I got a nice one now from CompUSA for laptops ( it can still be sectional for books and binders), my other ones were from Target - had a pur black and pur white one and lasted forever.. they didnt have waist straps but i would just pull the arm straps to the max so when riding the back wouldnt shift so much.. i think it was like $20 for the Target ones, and CompUSA was like $75 (but it's fully blown out back-pack.. i could do long distance traveling with that back-pack)

Old 10-05-2006, 12:04 PM

I got the Icon Squad Pack and I love it. I take a lap top to school each day and its got a huge padded pocket for it. Theres plenty of other room for books. Best part is the compression strap in the front so the pack pulls more on your chest and less on your shoulders and back. Also has a helmet holder that doesnt compromise the space of the bag when used.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:12 PM

That Ogio backpack looks nice and the discount is great, but it's still about 45$ more than I want to spend on a backpack! [&:]

Old 10-05-2006, 02:02 PM

tail bag is sweet as long as it doesnt get stolen...... I have a oxford tailbag they are great

http://www.oxprod.com/index.php?pg=3...&id=7&pid=0&p=

Old 10-05-2006, 02:02 PM

Yea I have an Ogio and I love it. It took me a while to get use to carrying a backpack though it was kind of annoying at first.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:46 PM

$7 Bass Backpack works like a charm.

Quick Reply: bagpack question