Backwards shifting?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007 | 03:06 AM
Default RE: Backwards shifting?

It does not matter if you count neutral as a gear, it still is 1 down and five up or in the case she was saying meaning moto gp style it would be 1 up and then 5 down. As for me I don't want moto gp. I blip and shift down. If I had that set up then I would have to blip and shift up this would make it harder on the front of my foot so thats why I have not switched to this set up. Just wanted to point this out you never call neutral a gear??? You have 1st- 6th gear neutral is just called neutral Also if you look at this in math terms neutral would be counted as a zero. Your starting out with nothing meaning position 0 and then counting to 6 .

Old 04-09-2007 | 06:30 AM

Reverse (GP) shifting is pretty much a must at the strip, unless of course you have and air shifter, auto-tranny, etc.
But let me tell you, it takes some dam discipline and or concentration to go from bike to bike. (one thats normal / one thats reversed) Your guaranteed to screw up your shifting at least 10 times after doing so.
[sm=laughat.gif]

Old 04-09-2007 | 06:54 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

It's got nothing to do with... okay, yeah, it's a trust thing.

I just don't dig it. You can let people ride your bike if you want to, but I wouldn't ask someone, and wouldn't expect someone to ask me to ride mine.
yeah i'm with you on that one

hey 13brsxsrr can i borrow your g/f ?

Old 04-09-2007 | 10:17 AM
Banned

Dang - did you really just point out the logistics of neutral and why it's not a gear?

Humor is dead.

Old 04-09-2007 | 08:26 PM

my bike is an 06' and yes the linkage is vertical. It is a very simple mod. 1st remove the linkage from the engine. 2nd remove the cover from the engine sproket. 3rd losen the lock bolts on the linkage. 8mm and 10mm I think. 4th install the linkage where it was once pointing towards the rear of the bike to face teh front. 5th adjust the linkage so that it doesn't interfere with anything and then tighten everything down. It literally only takes 5-10 min. Ride the bike around for a good week and I promise you will never go back. But you can if you want just as easily. Just repeat process in reverse. It also makes those up shifts without the clutch much easier... As far as other mods I have the basics Full exhaust, USB III, K&N, Brisk Plugs. I'm looking into doing the HRC head work but everything I've found has been for the 03-04. So if anyone know about this holla back...

Old 04-09-2007 | 08:36 PM

Here Doodie http://world.honda.com/HRC/products/kit/that should help you out, just read up on everything. As far as the reversed shifting, I have reverse shifting on my bike. Yeah, you'll definately mess up (shifting wise) when you first do it, but after you get used to it, like another member said, you'll never want to go back!

Old 04-09-2007 | 08:40 PM
Banned

Cool!

Yeah, I've done it to my F3 and I love it. You're right about not going back either, that's why I was kinda sweatin' it getting this new bike. I had looked at the 06's and it seemed like it wouldn't have worked for some reason. I never really got a chance to really look at it though so thanks for the good news!

Old 04-10-2007 | 02:27 AM

Well....you kinda asked if neutral was a gear so yea... humer is not dead hehehehahahahhahroflmaopffttahahahahahahahahhahaha wahoooooooo ew heheheeh ah gasp haw he few ahahahahah lol

Old 04-11-2007 | 03:39 PM

ok so I went to that link and it says that the engine power up kit is for the liter bike. Ive got a 600. And damnit if that is'nt the problem I keep running into. everyone makes engine mods for the liter bikes but not for the 600.

Old 04-11-2007 | 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: raptor

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

It's got nothing to do with... okay, yeah, it's a trust thing.

I just don't dig it. You can let people ride your bike if you want to, but I wouldn't ask someone, and wouldn't expect someone to ask me to ride mine.
yeah i'm with you on that one

hey 13brsxsrr can i borrow your g/f ?
Sure.............................................. .............but don't mind her **** and *****. If you ask nicely she might even tuck 'em out the way for ya.

Quick Reply: Backwards shifting?