arizona

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default arizona

i know there is a southwest area but i dont think anyone checks so in looking for some riders to go on ride labor day weekend to the east side of the state

Old 08-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Default RE: arizona

Where exactly are you headed? Blue Fox, my roommate David and I are heading to Colorado for the bike rally down there Labor Day weekend.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:52 PM

I am in Sierra Vista and ride all around Tucson, Bisbee, Tombstone, and the little towns in that area. I had not planned anything for Labor Day weekend specifically. Friends of mine on a Superhawk and Street Rod often ride with me. We are planning a long ride along Hwy 191 at some point as well as all the good roads in the north central part of the state around Kingston, Prescott, Wickenburg, Flagstaff, etc. We have only been in the area a few months and are always on the lookout for good roads. If you have any rides for Labor Day, we may be able to join in once it has been cleared with the wives. Even if our significant others are not keen on losing us for the weekend, we can usually arrange early morning rides of 250 miles or less from Sierra Vista.

Let us know your times and routes and maybe we can join you.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:47 PM

thats funny thats were we plan on going is BACK AGAIN to hwy 191 its awesome ride well worth the trip it takes 2 days for us tho we come from mesa and we stay in showlow and head down the salt river canyon also a good ride back well if your up for it we can meet in safford

Old 08-06-2007, 06:34 PM

Can you be a little more specific on the roads? You start at Show Low and head down 60 to Globe? Then over to Safford? Then over to Clifton and up 191 to Alpine?

I am a little confused on your route. We could meet. Which day of the weekend and what time of day do you think you'd be in Safford?

I'll run it by the guys at work tomorrow.

Oh, and by the way. I am a *****. I just totalled my bike in June and am still getting my confidence back. I am good with aggressive riding on hills and country roads, but I still have a little trouble with mountains. Horseshoe turns with 300-ft drop offs and and no guard rails on one side and million-ton walls of granite on the other still kind of freak me out. I'll be taking the road slow. My Superhawk rider friend is a veteran rider with lots of skills, and my Street Rod friend is still pretty new but has not yet learned to fear. So they will be able to put some speed on and make good partners I would think, but the group might have to pull over and wait for me to catch up from time to time.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:44 PM

thats cool me and my buddies have ridden for just over a year so we are okay in the mountains i have a buddie that we have to wait for all the time so its ok it doesent bother us
the route is we start from mesa to globe then to safford then from safford to clifton then up to just past pinetop to show low then from show low thru salt river canyon to globe then globe back to mesa for us its about 600mi round trip i figured meeting up in safford would be a good meet up place being that its almost at the start of the best part of the whole trip and your way down in the south part of the state already
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...p;z=8&om=1
i hope this link comes out and gives you an idea

Old 08-06-2007, 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: baileyjn

Oh, and by the way. I am a *****. I just totalled my bike in June and am still getting my confidence back. I am good with aggressive riding on hills and country roads, but I still have a little trouble with mountains. Horseshoe turns with 300-ft drop offs and and no guard rails on one side and million-ton walls of granite on the other still kind of freak me out. I'll be taking the road slow. My Superhawk rider friend is a veteran rider with lots of skills, and my Street Rod friend is still pretty new but has not yet learned to fear. So they will be able to put some speed on and make good partners I would think, but the group might have to pull over and wait for me to catch up from time to time.

When you're ready, Mt. Lemmon Highway was always my favorite. 27 miles of twistys, each way.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:23 PM

I rode mount Lemmon Saturday. I can ride in the mountains. Just riding real slow until I get my confidence back.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:32 PM

ORIGINAL: mikeys06cbr600rr

thats cool me and my buddies have ridden for just over a year so we are okay in the mountains i have a buddie that we have to wait for all the time so its ok it doesent bother us
the route is we start from mesa to globe then to safford then from safford to clifton then up to just past pinetop to show low then from show low thru salt river canyon to globe then globe back to mesa for us its about 600mi round trip i figured meeting up in safford would be a good meet up place being that its almost at the start of the best part of the whole trip and your way down in the south part of the state already
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...p;z=8&om=1
i hope this link comes out and gives you an idea
So would we be meeting on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday? I'd like to meet fairly early. Like around 9 AM. How close can you get to that time?

Old 08-06-2007, 11:43 PM

i've been to mt lemmon it was ok
but last time we took off here at 9am we got to safford just before noon its about a 3hr ride to saff. getting there bout 9am would be a little hard for me. that would be too early but maybe i could push to live bout 8am? would you and your friends be willing to do the whole trip or just 191 and and back for you guys?
oh and we would be taking off sunday and back monday

Quick Reply: arizona