Anyone trade a bike in towards their RR?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone trade a bike in towards their RR?

Hey guys, I've been around for over a year now, ride a 2002 F4i with a few tasteful mods, and baby the hell out of her. I bought her March 07 with 800 miles on it, with the original owner being a family friend. The bike was never mistreated or dropped or anything. I love my bike, but my entire plan was to start with the F4i and move up to the RR in about 2 years. Now 1 year to go, I'm still taking great care of my bike and riding often.

I'm just curious if anyone that owns an RR now traded in their previous bike to a dealer towards an RR? I know the price that a dealer is gonna offer is usually pretty low and I'm better off doing a private sale when the time comes. Around November is when I'll begin searching for my next baby, so I just wanted to hear someone's trade-in experience so I'm more educated when the time comes.

Thanks!

Old 05-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Default RE: Anyone trade a bike in towards their RR?

i traded my 06 f4i in qwith 12000 miles on it for an 08 RR and they gave me 5500 for it. id say on an 02 they are gonna give you book value on it. modded or not. so id take all of your aftermarket stuff off of it and return it to stock if you are gonna trade it in.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:50 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

yup, or sell it to a person but get cash.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Banned

Clock, my cousin is in the market for a bike RIGHT NOW and an F4i would be great for him! He lives up in Erie but asked me to look around...plus if he buys here in Pittsburgh, I get to ride it up for him. Let me know how soon you wanna sell.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

Clock, my cousin is in the market for a bike RIGHT NOW and an F4i would be great for him! He lives up in Erie but asked me to look around...plus if he buys here in Pittsburgh, I get to ride it up for him. Let me know how soon you wanna sell.
man I am surprised that anyone rides in erie...
<----From erie.
It's a relatively small town from where I have been stationed, thought it was funny that someone actually mentioned it..

ok back to topic

Old 05-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: wishin4600rr

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

man I am surprised that anyone rides in erie...
<----From erie.
It's a relatively small town from where I have been stationed, thought it was funny that someone actually mentioned it..

ok back to topic
He's actually from Pittsburgh and just moved there for work. He rides his dad's Harley when he's in town and when he used to live here, but I let him ride my CBR and he's hooked.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:29 AM

Hey Shoort, I'm not sure if I'll be selling anytime soon, was plannin on waiting and saving some money up then in November start wheelin and dealin. Buuuuuuuut if someone is really interested then we can go from there

Old 05-06-2008, 07:43 PM

Dealers don't really care what you have done to a bike. They run a business and they will low ball you every time. I traded an 06 Ninja 650R for my 07 CBR 600RR. I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as a good deal from a dealership. They tell you anything, but they are always making something on it. The only reason I traded mine was because it was easier.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:39 PM

I sold my 05 f4i privately and bought an 08 RR for MSRP out the door in January. If you trade it in to the dealer they will either give you nothing for the bike, especially now that even brand new f4i's that are still in dealerships are selling for dirt cheap, or they will give you a semi-fair (but not really) price for it but jack up the price of the bike thatyou are trading it in for. Why not put the bike up for sale now on craigslist or something and see who bites. It might take a few months to sell anyway.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:44 AM

I'm looking to sell mine soon as possible and either get a 1k or newer 600rr. I'll let you know.

Quick Reply: Anyone trade a bike in towards their RR?