ALARMS

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ALARMS

I use a Kryptonite lock when I park it anywhere, but otherwise, I've got LoJack and full coverage insurance...let 'em take it. I'll just get a new one...

I know a buy that chains his bike to his truck's front tire wheel. He lives in an apartment with underground parking.

Old 10-15-2006, 03:05 PM

You do not need to have full coverage to cover it getting stolen. You only need comprehensive, which for me is $50 a month. You can always upgrade later. I have mine through AllState. I would atleast get comprehensive insurance to cover it getting jacked. I now have lowjack. Its worth it, but it cost a lot. But, I would atleast get the comp insurance if I was you. I have the same type of chain with a bolt lock that I chain to my car tire the nights that I cannot bring it in the Apartment

Old 10-16-2006, 08:26 PM

INSTALLATION COMPLETE. i did it from start to finish in 50 min. and it was the first time i ever took my bike apart. and i had to run inside to get another tool(like 3 times ) some of u guyz said u had the sensor and do u guyz know if it goes off if a cat goes by??? or a car parks right next to it??? it looks like it is plug-n-play.

and i did put it in the rear seat too. i was suppressed how easy it is to get to battery. u can easaly disconect alarm. i am ganna have to get the battery backup also. if/when it goes off i am running outside and ganan open a nice 3 liter bottole of WOP-***.

OK later all.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:05 PM

i talked to the parts manager at the honda dealership about scorpio alarm system and he said that all alarm systems are flawed on bikes - they can melt wires and what not.. should i trust him? probbly not - he wants me to buy that lo-jack bull**** from them but idk.. tell me how it turns out with the scorpio system - (he always said every guy he knows that had an alarm on the bike, took it off in a year for some reason or another - dont know why tho)

Old 10-18-2006, 01:11 PM

screw the alarm system--save the "munney" and go and get hooked on phonics......." i cant not nobody".....DAMN!

Old 10-18-2006, 10:29 PM

how many miles you got on the bike now?...
poor RR...all chained up and not get moved...

Old 10-18-2006, 11:23 PM

Old 10-19-2006, 03:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Vermino

i talked to the parts manager at the honda dealership about scorpio alarm system and he said that all alarm systems are flawed on bikes - they can melt wires and what not.. should i trust him? probbly not - he wants me to buy that lo-jack bull**** from them but idk.. tell me how it turns out with the scorpio system - (he always said every guy he knows that had an alarm on the bike, took it off in a year for some reason or another - dont know why tho)

Haha that guy is so full of ****. I have the top of the line scorpio alarm and this thing works like a charm. My bike haven't melted yet. I feel 100X more secure leaving my bike outside my driveway.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:07 AM

yeah i think he was full of sh*t - but then again they do sell scorpio alarm systems - so whatever, whoever probbly fried their wires from the alarm system probbly hook it up wrong or did something stupid (i really wouldnt know, but got to be stupid haha)

Old 10-19-2006, 03:14 AM

yeah i think he was full of sh*t - but then again they do sell scorpio alarm systems - so whatever, whoever probbly fried their wires from the alarm system probbly hook it up wrong or did something stupid (i really wouldnt know, but got to be stupid haha)

Quick Reply: ALARMS