ALARMS

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALARMS

Do all of you have alarms on your bikes? i just got that scorpio 500 thing on ebay /w harness for 300 shipped. i cant wait tilll its here. anyways i bought Low-Jack and i am getting it installed maby monday, i have call the dealer. Well i just got worried like 2 days ago when my mom said someone came to the door and said they wher here to see the bike she was selling.

she said i am not selling no bike. my son might be selling it but i dont think so because its new.

the guy said ok i will come back later.

now i never told no one i was selling it and i dont even talk to no body around here. now the only people that know i have a bike is the people in my appartments. only because they see my riding it. i have no idea who the hell he is or wher he heard i was selling a bike and how he new my moms name. i think he is tring to steal it. i have it in the parking lot.

1 sec let me take a pic.

ok and i live upstairs and i cant put in no ones appartment becouse ther gay and it does not feet the door. i am worried now. i got up at 5 in the moring to cheack on it. i got off work early today. i have this Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit Hex Chain and Lock but nowhere to chain it up. and cars park in front of it at night. everyone is at work right now so its empty. i wish i could take it right next to me on my bed. i will keep it nice and safe and worm...

Old 10-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Default RE: ALARMS

Kryptonite also sells the bolt down kit (StrongHold) that you inset into the parking lot, then chain the bike
down to it. Not sure how good they are, but at least then the bike would be locked to something
moderately solid.

http://www.kryptonitelock.com/

http://www.kryptonitelock.com/inetis...s_item&pgrp=20

Good luck,

Old 10-13-2006, 05:04 PM

You better keep a close eye on that thing! Someone else has their eyes on it and will probably try and take it VERY soon.

Old 10-13-2006, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Nick I.

You better keep a close eye on that thing! Someone else has their eyes on it and will probably try and take it VERY soon.
dam that boosts my confidence up vary much. thanks.\

and i will ask my maniger if i can use that on the parking lot.

Old 10-14-2006, 06:04 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where you live, and where it's parked, it's probably good you got the alarm. Did you get one with a proximity alarm? (where it panics if you get within 3 feet of the bike). Other than that, MAKE SURE you have full-coverage insurance with at least a 250 deductible JUST IN CASE someone decides they want it regardless of the alarm.

My next door neighbor had a Kawasaki ZX-10R and he thought someone was going to steal his, so he bought the alarm. They just stole it in the middle of the night anyway. They got a few guys, picked it up, put it into a van (reason he didn't hear the alarm) and drove off.

Not to make you paranoid or anything, but these things are hot right now. We had 4 stolen in 1 week (100,000 people in our city, not that big).......one was a 600RR, two were 1000RR's and one was a Busa.....so they're not just targeting one specific model.

--BUT-- my city (Las Cruces, NM) is located about 50 miles from the Mexican border. So around here, if you bike or car is stolen and it's been more than an hour, it's already in Mexico. (that's why I keep full coverage with a GAP on my loan). The GAP is when the insurance company doesn't give you back the full amount that you owe on your bike when you get in an accident, stolen, destroyed, etc......so the GAP pays the rest. Make sure you have a GAP on your loan as well.

Old 10-14-2006, 07:36 AM

yes, be very carefull. I wish i could stop all thieves but i cant. A few weeks ago some punk thought he could steal my car stereo, well I was awake playing online poker and caught him in the act. Needless to say he went to the hospital and i walked away with my stereo. Cops said they didnt blame me one bit for knocking his punkass out!! Just be very weary, watch it every chance you can and good luck!

Old 10-14-2006, 04:22 PM

Yes, I am ordering my scorpio with every option next week. Right now I have a krypto lock and chain to a 2" eye lifting bolt for a 2,500lbs steel plate sunk into the concreat. So, they aint getting my ride. I also put a motion sensor light in my car port. Only turns on if some one walks to the front of the bike. I also live up stairs where I can view it all night / day.

3 weeks ago my buddys 2 week old 06' GSXR was lifted off his front porch...about miles from my place. They caught 3 ppl, part of a bike theft ring. One lady would drive her mini van in the day, and spot out bikes, or follow them home. THen at night, she would have a truck with 2 big guys grab and toss the bike in a truck.

So, nothing more then I hate then a theiff. Speeking about catching some..same thing..couple days ago, 2 guys were hovering over my bike in the car port...They were 'just looking'...but I made sure they know they met my AR15 from the window. Never seen em back. 8)~

Old 10-14-2006, 05:56 PM

Get a scorpio with sensor and a gun, best combo possible or a big dog.

Old 10-15-2006, 12:50 PM

well if they mostly steal them at night they have to get it when i am not at work sence i work from 7 pm to 6 30 am. for now on my off days(today is one) i am locking it to a pole with that chain and lock i said. and wher i work we have a warehouse and i park it inside. inside it dont get toched but looked at too much. 3 days ago at work they tried to steal my bosses SUV and like a month ago my sisters van. my borother-in-law also had his truck stolen.

i dont have full cover yet but i am soo as i get the 700 down. i have some cover mostly if it gets stolen or in a fire and stuff like that.
and i also do have GAP.

but anyways , DO ANY OF U HAVE LOW-JACK???

Old 10-15-2006, 01:42 PM

like so
Name:  chain.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  92.4 KB

Quick Reply: ALARMS