Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 05:43 AM
June 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-13-2011, 08:21 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by KdubyaH
I voted akra. The toce looks kind of small and weird from the back. Im not a big fan of the dual outlet exhaust either.
I got the hot bodies growler exhaust fairly cheap and im happy with it. I can actually hear my bike now and it looks killer.
I love the dual look. That is by favorite aspect about the 04+ R1 is the dual exhaust even though yes I know the R1 and this exhaust are completely different, Just saying yes I like the dual look. I think if you take off the OEM brake light assy. then it doesn't look so small. I think it looks really small in the pic that has the OEM tail light assy but does not have the side heat shields on it. There is a guy on 600RR.net that has this exhaust with the factory heat shields on the sides and I PMed him to see if he can snap a pic from behind the bike to see if it looks as small. If it does then I might stick to the Arka but if it doesn't then I might pull the trigger on this with my next bonus.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by R Dub
I love the dual look. That is by favorite aspect about the 04+ R1 is the dual exhaust even though yes I know the R1 and this exhaust are completely different, Just saying yes I like the dual look.
Funny you mention this, I actually saw an r1 a couple weeks ago with TOCE pipes on it. It looked badass with the 4 pipe setup (2 per side) until I got a look at it from the back. The mufflers were horribly misaligned. I don't know if this was a manufacturers error or an install error or what, but the two slip ons did not sit nicely under the sides of the r1 tail and were pointing in slightly different directions.

I do like the dual pipe look of the TOCE on the 600rr, but I'm not sure if they have the build quality that Akra does. That r1 setup might not have been TOCE's fault, but if it were my bike it would annoy the hell outta me.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:24 PM
October 2011 ROTM

I saw the R1 with those pipes on their website and thought it looked awful from the start. Looks like a church organ or something. Akra does make a quality pipe there is no denying that. I am trying to get some input from a couple guys on 600RR.net that got this pipe to see how they like it, see how they think the quality is. I am digging the TOCE but if it is junk I will just put the extra money towards the Akra.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:56 AM

I like the Akro, the Toce looks kinda weird to me too....but I bet they are very similar in quality so its really up to you as the rider in which one you like the best! Screw what everyone else thinks, its your bike and you will be the one riding it and seeing it everyday!

Best of luck buddy : )

Old 06-14-2011, 09:34 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by Roast
I like the Akro, the Toce looks kinda weird to me too....but I bet they are very similar in quality so its really up to you as the rider in which one you like the best! Screw what everyone else thinks, its your bike and you will be the one riding it and seeing it everyday!

Best of luck buddy : )
Thanks man. Right now I'm leaning towards the TOCE because it is different, I don't think anyone on this forum has one and if you look at the clip in this thread, right at the 56 second mark is a pretty good shot of the back end with the side covers attached and the exhaust doesn't look so small because those side cover taper in. I know that without them it looks outta place but I would be keeping those covers on. Also if I ever chose to do an IT and FE I think this is the best looking exhaust for that.

Last edited by R Dub; 06-14-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:56 AM

Get the Akra - I wanna change my vote.