ahhhh frustrated with my bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 03:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ahhhh frustrated with my bike

so i have the orange 06..... striped my fairings. i dont want the dam orange anymore, i was on the edge about it but i just want another color. im thinkin about attempting to copy and create my own version of the 07 white and silver on my 06, only prob is that would take painting the bike white.

anyone got ideas about this, for i dont have alot of money and would rattle can it. i wont if it would look like crap so im basically asking,
1. has anyone else rattle canned their fairings, does it look like crap, how should i do it, and what brands are gonna give me a good color
2. any other color scheme ideas? i want something original or rarish...
3. is this just retarded? anyone else have other ideas to distract me with?

ps, side note, i have a whole oem brand new set of 07 white and silver fairings, yes every peice, in northern cali. anyone interested in buying? they only have liek 600 riden miles on them (helping a friend sell them btw)

Old 09-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Banned
Default RE: ahhhh frustrated with my bike

Pinstriping did wonders to change the appearance of my bike...my cuz has the orange/black 06, and I'm trying to convince him to try different colors to make it pop and stand out from the crowd. I was at a bike night and put my modded bike next to a stock one, and WOW, what a difference.

If that's not your cup of tea, then just buy a new set online...go with something nobody has like the Hanspree or something of that nature. I might do that down the line...dunno yet.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:39 AM

DO NOT rattle can it if your fairings are rashless. Holy **** don't do that to a good set of oem fairings.
I'd say if they don't have damage, sell them on ebay as a full set and buy ones you like. If you find some good hong kong fairings, you'll probably walk away with money and new fairings.
BUT KEEP THIS IN MIND: no matter what you do, you will never have as nice (and durable) a finish as OEM. EVER. Not even if you sprayed it with PPG.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:25 PM

Aftermarket fairings if you want to play around with the looks...lots of options out there. Just dont rattle can your OEM's !! [:'(]

My .02

RED

Old 09-12-2008, 04:04 PM

yeah i know.... but i cant afford new plastics and i cant afford to paint pro... i just want a new look im tired of dam orange!!!

oh and i have a little bit of rash so they arent perfect whatso ever. i did a ****e job of cutting for sliders so one side has a double cut about an inch off of the sliider hole. then the upper on the left side has a crack around the signal and a hairline under the left headlight. also my grandma knocked over my bike and now the tail fairing has scratches and rash minor on the right side.

what i really want is to know is if anyone has a method or a good brand of rattle can spray that will not look like poop. i dont care about the shimmer just look good. i have seen someone with an all white rattle can job but it looked just fine..... i dont know if i was just off my rocker or if there are good sprays out there / methods of spraying that gives a good finish. plus half of it would be covered up with black or silver vinyls (think blue foxes design on my last thread about vinyls).

now what do you guys think? am i still retaded?

Old 09-12-2008, 04:27 PM

I dunno man....but good luck and post up whatever you do. If you like it...that's all that really matters [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 09-13-2008, 01:03 AM

If you didnt see the thread before, you should TOTALLY invest in the Konica Minolta design, **** was HOT
but price is the problem there, 'twould be expensive (probably have to get custom done cuz all the remakes look like **** compared to the new 08 model look, search it on google)

Old 09-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just peel off all your OEM stripes and either leave it naked orange.........or do what I did with one of my roommate's bikes and create your own design.............

Name:  jamiesbike002.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  128.3 KB

Old 09-13-2008, 02:05 PM

^^ lol fox you showed me that already, and i was on the verge of doin it. then i posted another thread that said (blue fox please read) and you never replied!!!! lol its cool tho i think you were gone for a few days.

anyhow, im just kinda tired of orange.. i think i just need to deal with it but if i dont figure something out now im just gonna keep on ah wantin'.

Ill prob just do ^ that but i need your help.. where do i get those vinyl sheets?

Old 09-14-2008, 12:14 AM

I love the orange, I was a fico score away from buying that one. +1 on NOT spray painting the oem's.

Quick Reply: ahhhh frustrated with my bike