About to Pull the Trigger...Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 12:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to Pull the Trigger...Need Advice

Greetings! Just joined. I'm about to pull the trigger on an 04 600RR. Guy's asking $3300 for it includes helmets & some leathers. Every thing looks jam up in the pictures. He's moved out of country with a job change & needs to sell.

My research shows the price seems pretty low. Bike has less than 2000 miles as well. Clear title & never down he says. Says I can look it over & decide.

What am I missing here???

Also, this is my foray back into the motorcycle world since my teen years (I'm 47). I rode motorcross competively and had a Kawasaki 250 on the street for about 4 years. Am I nuts to get a 600RR? How uncomfortable is the seat after an hour+.

Although I'm a high performance driving instructor in cars as a hobby, I really don't plan on tracking the bike. Just some nice canyon riding up in the mtns & enjoying scenery & staying within easy limits while on 2 wheels. I'd like a bike I can enjoy for a day long jaunt. Is the RR too radical for that?

Thanks in advance!!

Old 01-25-2006, 01:00 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: About to Pull the Trigger...Need Advice

Hello and welcome to the forum....

Since you drive a Vette... you're probably not going to be happy on anything less than an RR. The 600RR be a worlds of difference from the Kaw 250 you so shamefully mentioned. Kidding... I still have a Kaw hidden away in storage. $3300 for a 2004 with less than 2k miles.... one word... FREAKINGSTEAL!!!!!!! If that was any where near me... I'd tell you it's a piece of **** bike, worst deal ever.... and ask you to give me the guys info so I can tell him what I think of him for offering you a deal like that. Then I'd go buy the bike to have a second one. One more thing... go ahead and make me cry and tell me it's the blue one?

The riding position.... you have to learn/adapt how to ride. If you ride straight up and lock your arms, you're gonna hate life and the bike. You have to keep your arms relaxed and bent with your elbows tucked down and in. When you sit on the bike, look at how the clip-ons are angled and then look at how you have to position your arms to remove the extreme bend in your wrists. Use your knees to support your body weight as much as possible and you'll like it. I've made 6-7 hour trips on mine with one stop in the middle for lunch/fuel and one other stop and go for fuel.... I was fine and the cruisers riders were off stretching trying to get the feeling back in their butts and legs... complaining about how much the vibration was killing them. I just laughed. My only strain is my neck, which goes away after you put some miles on the bike.... you do have to hyper extend you neck a bit to see where you are going....

Old 01-25-2006, 01:09 AM

welcome! $3300 for a 04 600rr? damn! if you don't buy it i will unless of course it's one of those obvious scams on ebay... "bike is perfect but i just got a job transfer and i'm out of the country now; will ship the bike to you at no extra charge blah blah blah".

Old 01-25-2006, 01:15 AM
Retired Mod

man, i would buy that bike without question. if you don't like it, you could easily sell it for much more than you paid for it. as far as the comfort thing goes, don pretty well hit the nail on the head. it takes some getting used to but so does everything else. it's just something that you have to experience to know if it's for you or not. and i wouldn't call the 600rr too radical for anything. it's a great track bike, awesome canyon carver, and an economical way to save some bucks on gas. and that is overlooking the fact that it is the most stylish way to commute. just be careful, use your head, get some good gear, and take some beginner motorcycle courses and all will be fine.

Old 01-25-2006, 01:17 AM
Retired Administrator

Yes... very good point. This sounds like one of the "too good to be true eBay" stories we hear often. I assumed it's a local buy since you didn’t say other wise. Is it local?

Old 01-25-2006, 01:30 AM

Thanks guys. I'm about to head to bed since I've got an O'dark 30 flight in the morning. But I'll digest everything as able.

The bike is listed for sale in a classified ad. The guy's a DJ who just got tranferred to London. His wife's still here selling stuff. He wants to use a shipping company that holds my money for 30 days to give me a chance to look it over. If I don't like it, I have the shipping company pick it up & they give me my money back & return the bike to him. It's on the other side of the USA from me, but he'll pay shipping & I've got a guarantee of refund if it's not as advertised.

Here's the shipping company: www.worldspedition.com

Yep...it's BLUE!! Digital pictures look great. He says never down, remaining factory warranty, he's original owner.

I'm just praying this isn't too good to be true.....

Old 01-25-2006, 01:37 AM

Sounds a little fishy to me....... If its too good to be true.......IT IS normally! BUT for you I HOPE its all GOOD!!!
Would love to see pic's when you get her!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Old 01-25-2006, 01:44 AM

umm yeah... sounds a bit fishy. although he's on the other side of the USA from you... email or call him and tell him you have a friend close to where he's at and ask him if it's okay for your buddy to stop by and and take a look at it IN PERSON. i know you probably don't have a friend out there but just ASK and see what happens. if it's a scam... he will not agree and make up excuses for why the bike is not availabe for viewing.

Old 01-25-2006, 02:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do not buy that bike! This is a scam big time. I hope you read this in time because I am willing to bet you this is a scam. Part of me thinks you should contribute some money to this forum because I just saved you over $3000 if you follow my advice. I checked the site and it has signs of being false like misspelled words, poor grammar and most importantly no phone number on their contacts link. Think it through, that bike can be sold for $5300 easily any where in the US and still be a good deal for any buyer. No one in his/her right mind would loose that kind of money just to make a fast sell.

Try the "Can my friend stop by and look at it" approach if you want but I bet it won't happen. Please don't "buy" it just so I can say "I told you so."

I hope you do buy an RR of some kind though because as long as you physically end up with one that is legit you will not be sorry.

Old 01-25-2006, 05:34 AM

Its a scam and you are a fool if you go through with the deal. If you dont believe me then send him the money and see if you get your bike. Ill be here saying I told you so.

Quick Reply: About to Pull the Trigger...Need Advice