92 Seca 2 to 09 CBR 600RR

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Seca 2 to 09 CBR 600RR

Hey there,
I posted in the new member section, but heard I should try here instead for a quicker response.

I'm currently saving up for an 09 CBR 600. Last year I was really into the 1000, but over time I decided the 600 was a better size for me since I've been riding a 600cc bike for the last 3+ years anyway. I currently ride a 92 Seca II, which still runs pretty well for its age, but I'm definitely looking to upgrade.

Anyway, I'm here to get feedback on the new CBR 600, or any recent models that anyone owns or has ridden extensively. Buying a new motorcycle is a big investment for me, so I just want to make sure I'm making the right choice. All I know so far is that I always prefer the ergos of Honda sport bikes to all the others. I should have enough $dough$ by summer.

Thanks in advance!
-Sasha

Old 01-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Default RE: 92 Seca 2 to 09 CBR 600RR

Ive owned my 06 RR for about 5 months, and it was my first bike. And i think that it was a great bike, i havent found a single complaint to this day and i would recommend it to anyone. Not sure if this was relevant but thought i'd give my opinion

Old 01-12-2009, 05:58 PM

you are in a honda forum so you are going to hear about how great it is lol, it is an awsome bike aftermarket is what you make of it, the more you spend normaly the better you are going to get... ive ridden the 07 practicly the same as 09 and it was amazing.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:34 PM

How exciting!

If I were you, I would hardly be able to get anything done during the day, what with a little chub in my pants waiting on a new bike like that!

Good luck...hopefully early summer. I like the green 09...

Old 01-12-2009, 09:00 PM

do not get an 09 model. its too much money why not just buy a good used 07 or left over new 08? The only difference is the new colors it rides the same and has the same features minus the ABS that is optional on the 09. It will depreciate as soon as it steps out of the dealers floor by about 2 to 3 grand. The best time to buy is just like a car when it is 3 to 4 years old or sooner but definetely not the first year. If you have the money and are financially secure which im sure that not alot of people are except for the penny pinchers that have saved their money and they are now hopping on the deals. As you said your saving and should have the money by summer. Get a 07 for alot cheaper so you wont have to worry about payments and etc. You will without a doubt be happy.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:47 AM

Go with an '07 or '08, save yourself the moneyinstead ofbuying a new bike that is pretty much identical to these years. The '07/'08 6RR is an amazing machine and you will not be disappointed.

One thing I really like about the RR7 as compared to the Kawi '06 636 and '07 Yami R6 is: I don't feel like the tank is in the way. With the other 2 bikes I felt like I was sitting under the tank...with the '08 Truimph Daytona 675,it felt like therewas no tank and the seating position is very agressive. The RR7 and '07 Suzuki 600, I felt bothweregreat blend of agression/comfort.

The first thing that you will notice when you get on the '07/'08 bike is the weight difference...ITS LIGHT!!!

My only complaint for the '07 600RR would be to install a Slipper Clutch but for street riding thats not a big deal.

Here is a list of modifications from the '05/'06 models:

class-leading power-to-weight ratio for outstanding acceleration and handling.
Smaller, lighter, more compact inline four-cylinder engine.
Improved midrange performance and enhanced peak power.
Significant weight reduction in engine and chassis.
Repositioned transmission shafts within crankcase allow for shorter engine.
New lightweight, forged-aluminum pistons incorporate special shot peening for added toughness.
Lightweight magnesium head cover.
New, single exhaust valve-springs.
Smaller, lighter neodium magnet ACG.
New transmission gear ratios.
Smaller, lighter clutch.
New front-brake vertical-piston master-cylinder system.
Lighter weight stainless steel four-into-one exhaust features new inline-exhaust valve to control exhaust pressure for maximum performance.
New intake-air control valve (IACV) minimizes torque reaction and smoothes response to small throttle changes through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake when the throttle is opened and closed.
New non-resonance knock sensor maintains optimum spark advance while constantly monitoring combustion performance during mid- to high-speed operation.
New nose-mounted ram-air induction directs fresh, cool air to a higher-volume airbox.
New smaller and lighter Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD).
Improved mass centralization.
Redesigned radiator with compact dimensions improves cooling capacity.
All-new bodywork enhances handling and performance.
Handlebars raised 10mm for improved rider comfort.
Center of gravity revised for more neutral response and easier side-to-side flickability.
New, compact instrument design.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:56 AM

I swear crash, you have that copied and just paste it No, what he's saying is absolutely right, I would buy an 07 or 08, just for the simple fact they're the same bike basically and you're going to be saving a bundle. Good luck, you'll enjoy it I'm sure. They are very light

Old 01-13-2009, 06:20 AM

Plus you'll have some money left over for mods

Old 01-13-2009, 08:37 AM

Very cool, thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely consider getting an 07 or 08.
The leftover money would eventually go to a set of leathers.

I was just considering installing a slipper-clutch since there's no option for it. Looks simple enough.
It'll take some time to get to know the bike, so once I'm ready for the track, I'll install it.

So here's another question: The bike I ride now is a 600cc, but it's a 92, which makes it a good 17 years old.
What differences will I notice with a new 600cc? I assume the new one will have more oomph, but I haven't test ridden it yet.
Also, how crucial is ABS once I'm on the track?

Old 01-13-2009, 01:39 PM

I have it saved CF lol

As far as the difference you'll feel from the ยด92 to the ยด07 will be(my opinion comes from ridiing a 97 VRF 750):

A more agressive seating position
More pull from 8k - 15k rpm
Flickability like you've never felt before
Better feedback when braking withNoticeably improvedstopping power
Tuneable Suspension

And.....after along dayof spiritedriding, the extra weight savings the 07 gives you wears less on your body.

Oh and about the ABS, from what I hear if you're going to the track then its just extra weight on the bike you don't need (somebody correct me if i'm wrong please). Honda intentions were to target newer riders with the abs to make the sport bike a little bit more appealing, however, an experienced rider/track go-er is going to use the brakes past the abs comfort

Quick Reply: 92 Seca 2 to 09 CBR 600RR