87mi on my first CBR 600

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 87mi on my first CBR 600

I just bought a 06 CBR 600 and it's a blast, I have no riding experience but I have plenty of exp with very fast and powerful cars so I can respect the power of the bike and I know my limits.

First I started out just going around in the parking lot to making circles around the neighborhood to now riding over to my friends house where the average speed limit is 55mph with plenty of turns.

I love the bike and it's awesome filling my tank for 13.00 and barely using any gas.

I bought the bike used with 23k miles on it.

Here are some pics of it:

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...429_113000.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...429_113024.jpg

I just have my permit right now and just been riding the bike a lot to get the feel for it so I can do the MSF course.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:53 PM

Congrats, welcome to the addiction. Just take it slow and be careful out there till you get used to the bike or take the msf. I recommend watch keith code's "twist of the wrist". You can find segments of it on youtube, order it online from wherever, or obtain it through the internet via your own means.....(arrrggghhh). VERY VERY instructional and helpful video. Wear your gear, be safe, and youll have plenty of fun. Nice bike btw.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by nickp123
Congrats, welcome to the addiction. Just take it slow and be careful out there till you get used to the bike or take the msf. I recommend watch keith code's "twist of the wrist". You can find segments of it on youtube, order it online from wherever, or obtain it through the internet via your own means.....(arrrggghhh). VERY VERY instructional and helpful video. Wear your gear, be safe, and youll have plenty of fun. Nice bike btw.
Thanks, yea I am taking it easy. I feel in another week or so I will be ready for the MSF course. I saw some of those videos on youtube but I have been watching other videos too of people that give tips on turning and how to use proper body positioning.