600RR first impressions :-)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 600RR first impressions :-)

Well, first impressions were ...ZOMG!! second, third, and forth impressions were ...ZOMG!! ..lol

The bike is light, noticeably so after my F3 ... but I don't just sense less weight, what weight there is feels much lower in the frame too :-) ... I notice the petrol tank is in fact plastic or it is a plastic cover over the real one which is probably lower in the frame and maybe that is plastic too ..I am only guessing here, I still do not know this bike yet ... I am used to bikes having steel petrol tanks not some kind of "dummy" ..lol

I stalled it once or twice at first, not because I am lame ..lol ..but because I feel sure the F3 probably has a much heavier flywheel or crank or something, that would help it lurch off barely on tickover and not stall, but I did need to give this RR just a teensy few more revs off the mark to stop the stall, could be a tight engine still ... I also felt that first gear maybe somewhat taller than first on my F3, I don't know ... these are all just first impressions, I have not compared ultimate specs yet ..I will though, I usually pour myself over data and comparisons ..lol

Pulling off up my lane the bike felt light like a 250-500 after the old F3 ... I love the raspy exhaust note and nose intake sound and the still very familiar CBR whine through the gears is still present and lets me know this is still a CBR600 ... now this bike is being broken in and the engine is tight, but even at low revs I could feel the get up and go ... it revs so freely, this is noticeable when you blip the throttle at tickover the tacho dances up very quick at the slightest touch of the throttle and this translates onto the road in terms of responsiveness even at low revs ... I know this thing is going to be fast, it's going to be devastatingly fast at the top end, but, for now ... I am taking it easy because of the break in procedure needed and myself of course ... I have not ridden properly in well over a year but it's true, you never forget how to ride a bike and pootling along my village lanes and the top road to Beeston felt like I had never been off a bike ... it, quite simply was wonderful ..the best feeling evar!!, I feel so free again and so alive :-) ..biking has always moved me and made me feel like this ... I love my bike, is this the best 600 on the planet?? ..my feeling is that, yes, yes it probably is :-)

Jules

Old 04-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on the upgrade jules, beautiful bike

Old 04-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Default Wow

im in love with your bike, its really pretty, makes me want a new one

Old 04-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

Girl, you sure know how to pickem don't ya... LOL. I was looking at the UK Honda sites trying to determine which one you might be getting. I too liked the traditional Honda Red with white. The glossy black lower cowl I think is a nicer finish than the matt black on some of the other color schemes. Great choice, it's so beautiful. I'm envious of you.

Congratulations and have a great time on it.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:26 PM

I stalled out my new RR a couple of times as well upgrading from the f3, couldnt really think of a good reason for this but il buy your explanations lol.

And i pretty much echo everything you said with my 08 lol.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:19 PM

Thats a nice looking bike Juliet. The colors are so classic and represent honda all the way

Old 04-24-2009, 02:34 PM

That is a mean looking bike. I likey!

Old 04-24-2009, 02:45 PM

thank you :-) do you guys like this one of it by the lake??

Old 04-24-2009, 03:11 PM

OK now I think youre just doing it to make some of us jelous its nice

Old 04-24-2009, 04:32 PM

^^^

LOL

I must admit I have not stopped grinning since I got her ... must have fired off dozens of pics already :-)

Jules

Quick Reply: 600RR first impressions :-)