600 F4i vs. 600RR (please clarify!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 600 F4i vs. 600RR (please clarify!)

Hey riders!!! I am new to the CBR world and the world of street bikes... I am buying a silver 600RR next week and this is mt first ever street bike. I've riden only dirt bikes and ATV's.PLease let me know what the differences are between the F4i and the RR.My dealer tried to convince me that since I am a female (small) and a beginner rider I should get the F4i instead of the 600RR. Well his exact words were The F4i is like taming a squirrel and the 600RR is like taming a wolverine!!!!! PLease let me know whats up!!!![:@]

Old 04-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Default RE: 600 F4i vs. 600RR (please clarify!)

This is difficult to assess from a distance & not knowing you personally. Here are some key questions:

1. Do you, or did you ever ride a bicycle well?
2. How much & how well did you ride dirt bikes?
3. How coordinated are you?
4. How small is small?
5. How good of balance & how quick are your reflexes?

Now to specifics: F4i is a tad more upright in riding position. It is also about 1 inch lower stock. A touch easier to get your feet to the ground. However, the RR is not difficult to handle at all, just have to know what you're doing. Both bikes handle really great. Both have great power to weight ratio, so they GO!! However, all things speed-wise are controlled by your right hand. There's nothing that says you have to romp down on the RR or F4i early on. In fact you shouldn't. Ease into it.

Have you taken the Motorcycle Foundation Safety Course? If not, you should. After that, see what the instructors say about which bike you can handle best.

Best to you.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:55 PM

JEtvette thank for the info!!!! I am 5ft.3in. about 114 lbs.. I have riden bikes well and have ridden a 175cc yamaha dirt bike on and off for 5yrs. I have grown up on the back of bikes and I have loved them since a kid.I would say I am pretty fast for my reflexes and I balance preety good too. I am definitely taking the MSF course.. Thanx for your help.Any more info is appreciated!!! RIDE ON!!!!

Old 04-26-2006, 01:07 PM

I'm thinking based on what you've said, that you'll do just fine on the RR. To be honest with ya, sometimes you run into sales types that are full of hot air. They think they know everything - but not really.

Have you sat on both bikes in the showroom? How was it to reach to the ground with your feet? How do you feel about having to lean it over to get a decent foot position? Are you fairly strong upper body?

Once you're moving at all, of course the ground questions go away immediately. They handle like dreams!! The RR is a tad better than F4i. It is very very balanced & easy to move around. I'm extremely pleased with mine.

What part of the country are you in? If you're anywhere near Chattanooga, TN, then I can tell you exactly where to go to get the best deal. Even if you're not, it's worth the trip. I just got an 06 RR for $7583.00!!! That's an incredible savings & the difference will buy an airline ticket to pick it up easily.

Old 04-26-2006, 01:12 PM

Yeah they sure do think they are all that and extra napkins (dealers) I want the bike I want I don't want to settle for something else such as the F4i besides they changed the seat style and it sucks, my friend has a 2004 F4i with the seat style just like my 600RR why they ever changed it?????I'm in New York buffalo to be exact. Any more tips welcomed from the newest addition to the CBR family..............DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-26-2006, 01:19 PM

Agreed on the "banana seat" fiasco that Honda pulled for the F4i. They did that to differentiate it from the RR coming out in 03. Really too bad, but I guess they were thinking product niche.

Do some searches here and on F4i side for differences & you'll see a bunch of posts. I've put up some stuff in the past that shows the technical differences between the 2.

I was also where you are, looking at both. I'm VERY glad I went with the RR. I drive a Z06 Corvette & the Z06 is to the Vette world as the RR is to the CBR 600 world. It's the ultimate version. I would have a hard time settling for less myself.

Best of luck to you.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:13 PM

I would strongly advise against getting a 600 as a first bike, especially if you can't easily flatfoot it at 5'3". With that said the F4i is a more forgiving bike than the RR. There's not a significant difference in performance, but the positioning on the F4i is more relaxed and less race oriented. However the new F4is don't look nearly as good as the new RRs...

I would recommend looking for a used 01-02 F4i, or even better a Ninja 250 to learn on for a few thousand miles before stepping up to a 600.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:53 PM

I agree, it sounds like you will be really short for the 600. Not saying that you wouldn't be able to handle it or anything, but You should be able to sit on the seat with your feet flat on the ground. I'd hate to have it tip over on ya, not that it's heavy like an ultrglide or something... but it's still not light, especialy once it starts going over. It's all up to you though, I just think you may be a little short for it...

-Berg

Old 04-26-2006, 09:54 PM

Gotta go & sit on one at the Stealership & then decide. Don't just hop on and off. SIT ON IT!!! Stay for 30 minutes. Pretend coming up to a stop sign over and over and trying to go to the floor with your feet. See what it's like.

Then you'll know.....

Old 04-27-2006, 12:09 AM
Banned

If you can physically handle moving a bike around at under one MPH then you can ride it. Enjoy your new RR, you'll love it.

Quick Reply: 600 F4i vs. 600RR (please clarify!)