Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 600

lesson learned!!!

Old 07-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Default RE: I am a Lucky mother#$%^&*

[sm=lol.gif] similar incident happened to me. Except I was on a back road hittin one of my favorite twisties, but by the time I saw the cop and started slowin' down I probably went by him at about 50 mph which is still about 15 mph over the speed limit on that road. Anyway he heard me coming 'cause nobody else was on the road that time of night, but I thought he had someone pulled over 'cause it was a car in front of him. So I was like cool. About 2 miles down the road a f-ckin flat bed damn near pulls out in front of me, then I was like shyt that car wasn't pulled over is was disabled. No less than minute later after I passed the flat bed I have headlights on my ***. I said to myself either that's the cop or someone else is ****in' flyin' on this road. By this time though a slower car was in front of me anyway (its a two lane road). To make a long story short, I didn't want to turn around to make anything obviuos so I just continued to travel to my destination. Well it was time for me to exit onto a small stretch of highway that connects to the interstate. I exit and I get about 2-3 miles down the highway, the blue and red lights start flashin. I got the whole ordial, "Keep your kickstand up, do not get off the bike, shut your bike off" over the load speaker. So I am sitting there State Trooper comes up to me and says, "I thought you were going to run", I said, "no sir". He asked me for my license, I gave it to him. He mentioned the same thing to me, "You were going at a good clip on that road back there, I know you guys like to open it up once in awhile, but slow it down. Have a good night" He sped away.

Old 07-08-2006, 09:47 AM

I'm glad to hear you both stopped and walked away with a smile. I'm just as happy to hear of some cops who remeber what they used (or still do) on their off days!

Old 07-08-2006, 11:19 AM

wow... you did get pretty lucky. congrats

Old 07-08-2006, 11:22 AM

If I was that cop, I would have impounded your bike RR Mexican, but I have a big pet peeve about motorcyclists with no endorsement, I'm assuming uninsured and unregistered (car or bike) out riding 120 mph (or faster which you probably were) and describing it as a "harmless ride." You should have had a care in the world, like becoming a legitimate, responsible motorcycle operator!

I'm not impressed with this story and I'm pissed at that officer for not doing his job! Your guardian angle was at your side for this one, now stay off your freakin' bike and do what other responsible motorists do!

Old 07-08-2006, 11:32 AM

take a deep breath and calm down fret like he said he's a "lucky mother!#$^"

Old 07-08-2006, 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: cbr04

take a deep breath and calm down fret like he said he's a "lucky mother!#$^"
Sorry, but this thread really rubbed me the wrong way...I had to add my usual/unusual response to this thread...rather than "boy, you really did get lucky." Like I told someone else offended by me, I don't sugar coat anything.

Food for thought...what was he doing going to the shop instead of the Secretary of State?

Old 07-08-2006, 01:41 PM

thats the way to be fret. we all know we come here to give our opinions nothing more nothing less.

Old 07-08-2006, 07:24 PM

i agree with fret 100%. from what it sounds like, you were riding pretty recklessly without insurance/registration. i hate ppl that are out on the roads without insurance b/c of my past experiences. i let my friend use my car and he got hit by someone that wasn't a citizen, an immigrant from el salvador, and no insurance. totalled out my car......and i take the hit. i had unisured motorist an my insurance wouldn't cover it b/c i wasn't the driver....so i'm out one vehicle.

that being besides the point. you were cutting off cars (a cop at that) going 120....and the cop let you go with not even a slap on the wrist. i'm happy for you (b/c if i were in the same situation.......actually.....i would never be in that situation....but if i were, i'd be extremely happy that my new motorcycle didn't get impounded) but at the same time....i'm very dissapointed that you got away without any type of punishment.

please take this as a lesson learned. get registered. get insured. get your license. if you havent yet go take the msf course. btw....if your bike is new....i dont think 120mph is part of the break in.

ctrl+alt+del end task rant.exe

Old 07-08-2006, 11:58 PM

What planet was that cop from? What a dk for not doing his job!

I’m assuming you are an inexperienced newbie with a serious death wish. First, you are going so fast you can’t identify what you are cutting off; not good! What kind of experience do you have going 120mph and doing an emergency stop? The people in front of you can easily cut you off and trust me, the driver could look in their mirrors and do everything right and not even see you coming!!! Keep this up and you are going to kill you and some children sitting in the back of someone’s car just putting down the freeway. I can see why this rubs Fret the wrong way, it really pisses me off! I read this **** and think of someone like you running into my wife’s little a$$ Corolla and robbing my young children’s life’s.

You should wise up, before you kill our love ones! This is the kind of stuff that make people hate sport bike riders.

[sm=badbadbad.gif]