2ct's or powers??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2ct's or powers??

hey so before u flame me about another tire thread and start telling me to use the search function just calm down...so i rode from so cal to norcal last saturday and i flattened out my tire pretty good (stock) its pretty close to the wear bars and im trying to decide whether or not to replace it before i had back to so cal. i dont really want to spend 300 on new tires and have them all flat after 1 day. and the 2nd half of my question is is there a huge differance in 2cts and the powers? the tires wont get many miles because i deploy in a couple of weeks..but when i come back there will be track days and hard riding so...basicly im looking for opinions here gents and ladys(jules if ur around)..

Old 09-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Default RE: 2ct's or powers??

My powers have 2000 miles on them and they have plenty of tread left. I love those tires sticky and lasts awhile.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:15 PM

my stock tire went 3900 miles my pp2ct's went 3500 miles and my shinkos went 3600 miles now im tryin a battleaxe tire

the pp2ct's were supposed to b better due to the dual compound center i noticed nothing...however they did heat up fast

Old 09-28-2008, 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: oakasrtheshiz

..but when i come back there will be track days and hard riding so...
I switched to the 2CT's from the regular PP's and have two pretty hard track days on them (a race school and my license class with a mock race). They stick like glue. They don't seem to wear any worse than the PP's, though two hard track days takes their toll on them much faster than street riding. I have rearsets and scraped the shifter and both fairings on the 954 and the tires never flinched.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

How long are you going to be gone? If its say more than even 6 months i would wait till you get back. At least that way you know you will have fresh tires.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:14 AM

I have 6000 miles on my Pilot powers and they are still great, with lots of tread left. Then again i don't do too many crazies but I do ride the bike a lot. 2cts haven't used them so i couldn't tell you but i do know those qualifiers do suck

Old 09-29-2008, 12:59 AM

im going to be gone for 7 months..i should be back next june..but the bike is going to be on stands while i am gone so im not worried about flat spots..my craplops have almost 5k on them but the ride from san diego to nor cal made them flat as hell..im kind of skeptical about changing my tires before the trip back because i dont want to spend 300 bucks on tires and have them flatten out..

Old 09-29-2008, 05:18 AM

I have about 2000+ miles on my 2ct's, and I've noticed they take longer than the stock ones to heat up, but once they do get warm they're stickier. Maybe it's just cuz the weather has been colder lately. But my brother said the same thing during the summer, so ya. Don't know about the originals, the only difference is slightly (very slight) more lean angle on the 2ct's and a softer compound on the edges I believe. Google it

Old 09-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Banned

I rode about 8,000 miles this year and went through a brand new set of pilot powers and I'm halfway through the tread on my second set, so let's say they last for about 5,500 miles...

The difference between the pilot power and the 2 CT is well documented on this website, but basically, if you're a knee dragger, you want the 2 CT. The 2 CT is softer on the outside for gripping on leans and harder in the middle for longer life in the high wear area. The regular Pilot Power is rated for a max lean angle of 50.6 degrees while the 2 CT is rated for 51.2 degrees.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:31 PM

yea, i love my 2ct's.... when i started racing i used them, not a smart move, but i can say that I have never had any tire issues while on the track.... and they last a long time even putting them through a lot of acceleration and decel.... i did loose the back end in a practice session just because i got on the gas too hard at max lean....

+1 nauree, ive pretty much grinded down my stock rearsets with the tires not even thinking twice about slippin.... but next year im def. switching to race tires

Quick Reply: 2ct's or powers??