2008 Honda CBR 600RR, need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Honda CBR 600RR, need advice!

Hey all, I'm new here, just posted in the greet section. I formerly rode a Kawasaki Ninja 250r back in 07. Bought her brand new, and since I was using it for High School it was the perfect bike, not to mention it probably saved my life since I was a much bigger ego head than I am now. I spent 4 glorious years on that bike, graduated from high school, and am now in college. I finshed that bike off with 21,000 miles. The body of the bike got shot to **** as I started stunting real hard at and around 14k miles. Frame was welded twice in multiple areas, as well as the typical headlamp being cracked from wheelies. Anyways, that's all behind me now, and I am looking to purchase a new 600rr within the next 7 days.

There are two particular bikes I'm looking at and they are 1. ) a 2008 600rr Silver on black with 2700 miles, has a full transferable warranty till July 2013, 1 owner clean title. No body damage. He is asking for $6800 hundred though. Then there is the other bike which is a 08' also but is the Graffiti edition (I'm a sucker for Matte Black personally), that bike is sitting at 6,000 miles and that owner wants roughly $6500 hundred. I'll be taking a physical look at both bikes this upcomming Monday and Tuesday.

My deal is, I've been reading around various posts, and other forums, and I believe both of those bike prices are pretty steep. I'm in need of suggestions on what price I should offer, because it'll be in cash and I know their both getting pretty desperate. I was thinking for the bike that has 6k miles, offering somewhere in the $5500 in cash, would be reasonable. As for the 2700 mile bike I thought $6000-6500 range? Any thoughts and opinions? (If you list what you would pay for the bike, please tell me why so I can write this down and keep it in mind the day I take a look at the bike!) Thanks so much in advance guys!

Old 04-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

this is a good time of year in general to be a seller, and you always start high anyways. once you toss out a number, you can't talk somebody up from there. also, asking price can be influenced by how much the owner still owes on the bike, and how emotionally attached he is.

are there any mods worth noting on the bikes that add value? (exhaust, brakes, sets...) assuming stock options, i'd personally start at $5K (since you're talking with cash) and give yourself some extra room to negotiate. can't hurt, and you might be surprised.

low mileage + transferable warranty make the one bike easily worth $300 more than the other, at any price range.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:13 PM

Thanks for your input thus far Regenera8ed! The first bike (Silver on Black w/ low mileage) just has a aftermarket slip on (not sure which on yet) and the tail light kit. The graphitti is all stock except for what I assume to be some sliders based on the pic. (won't see it till monday.)

I'm absolutely in love with Matte Black coloring, but I know that I should take serious consideration on a better bargain if I have the chance. My deal is, both bikes have been well maintained, it's just one has less milage and a warranty than the other.

Is that a significant difference in your opinion? Or one that is not so much? (As you can tell I'm really new to this so I'm lucky to have your opinion!!)

And thanks for throwing out a starting number, I'll offer something around that price range and see where it goes from there!

Old 04-03-2011, 07:00 AM
Default 600rr

good info!

The Moto grip handle

Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 PM

I bought mine about 3 weeks ago. It's a silver '08 in mint condition with 1,002 miles when I bought it. Paid $6k for it.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:23 PM

Congrats!!! I hope she's treating you very nicely! And thanks for posting that up! That gives me an even greater idea on the price range I should start/ask around. I'm wondering was 6,000 the sellers offer? Or did you lower him to that price? I'm going to be seeing the guy who is selling a Silver '08 with 2,700 miles tomorrow! Very excited!

Old 04-06-2011, 09:37 AM

just bought an 07 600, completely stock with 6000 miles on it, from my friend who bought it brand new in 07 he paid 12 by the time he added all the lil extras and had it built for him...i got it for 5000$, which i thought was a great deal, it bluebooked at 6300 with 9000 miles on it,

Old 04-06-2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by ahbrown4057
Congrats!!! I hope she's treating you very nicely! And thanks for posting that up! That gives me an even greater idea on the price range I should start/ask around. I'm wondering was 6,000 the sellers offer? Or did you lower him to that price? I'm going to be seeing the guy who is selling a Silver '08 with 2,700 miles tomorrow! Very excited!
I am loving the new bike! Seller was asking $6,500 and had a payoff of $6,2000 so I feel like a got a good deal on it. It was also clear that it had very little wear as the seller was not a aggressive with it. Good luck on your search!