2007 CBR600RR: what to change...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 03:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 CBR600RR: what to change...

I just purchased a 2007 CBR600RR.

I currently ride a BMW F650GS, BMW R1200GS Adventure, and a Yamaha WR250F.

I wanted to try out a sportbike before I got too old. I chose this supersport as a bike that I can ride in the road, and eventually take to the track. I am also in the market for a used trackable SV650 to learn track skills on. A liter bike just seems like a bit too much to start with, especially considering that I know a few folks that race at the track on a regular basis, and they all ride 600's.

Are there any tweaks that I should have done to the bike before I take it home this weekend?
I am already swapping the tires out. Are there any other modifications that should be done right away? Any items that I should watch out for?

I could not find a FAQ on the site to check!

Old 05-31-2007, 05:14 AM
Default RE: 2007 CBR600RR: what to change...

Welcome to the site!! As far as I see it the 2007 CBR 600rr is good how it is. The RR version is basically Honda's race bike. Everything about the bike is ready for the track. I'm sure there are some minor things you could do to improve performance, but overall it's ready to go. You could always do an aftermarket exhaust to slightly improve the HP, but that isn't cheap and you won't get a huge gain from it. Once you ride the bike, I think you'll agree that there's not much that needs to be done.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:52 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As dpeach has already said, welcome.

Eventually, if you have the money, I would recommend the following in no particular order..........

- Take a superbike class or two and learn how to really pound the bike around a track.
- Invest in some good track gear (leathers, gloves, boots, etc.) if you don't already.
- Get a separate set of wheels with track tires installed to switch out when going to the track.
- Have the bike's suspension set-up for you and your weight. (with all your gear on)

The 07 RR's already have great power, great handling, great feel, etc. I was amazed with the difference in feel from my 06 to the 07's. You shouldn't have any problems with power. But I would definitely recommend taking a superbike class and learning how to race. The skills you take from those classes are invaluable and show themselves, even with everyday street riding.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:44 PM

Thanks for the pointers! The plan is to take classes on the track. However, I am getting a SV650 or other twin motorcycle to learn the track. I have been told by folks with quite a bit of experience that you will be forced to learn better track technique with those bikes than with an inline 4, example, the extra power lets you get away with some bad habits, etc.

I will start out with my trusty Aerostitch, and migrate to leathers at a later point!

I will keep the bike stock and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

Old 06-01-2007, 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

As dpeach has already said, welcome.

Eventually, if you have the money, I would recommend the following in no particular order..........

- Take a superbike class or two and learn how to really pound the bike around a track.
- Invest in some good track gear (leathers, gloves, boots, etc.) if you don't already.
- Get a separate set of wheels with track tires installed to switch out when going to the track.
- Have the bike's suspension set-up for you and your weight. (with all your gear on)

The 07 RR's already have great power, great handling, great feel, etc. I was amazed with the difference in feel from my 06 to the 07's. You shouldn't have any problems with power. But I would definitely recommend taking a superbike class and learning how to race. The skills you take from those classes are invaluable and show themselves, even with everyday street riding.

+1 ! You should'nt change anything on the bike yet till you do this Chaarge!!

Old 06-02-2007, 05:33 PM

Welcome, & you'll never regret you got it!!! Be safe & respect its power !!!

Old 06-03-2007, 03:27 PM

Swapping tires, eh? They come with the Qualifiers, right? What are you replacing them with?

Old 06-05-2007, 01:27 AM

ORIGINAL: WoodyRR

Swapping tires, eh? They come with the Qualifiers, right? What are you replacing them with?
I took one look at the Dunlops, and wanted to replace them with some Pilot's. Having now ridden on them in the rain, they are not so bad!

Old 06-05-2007, 02:57 AM

Dunlops? Mine came with bridgestone tires...

DH

Old 06-05-2007, 03:05 AM

ORIGINAL: 1BadCBR07

Dunlops? Mine came with bridgestone tires...

DH
Mine came with Dunlop Qualifiers. Would not suprise me in the least if Honda sources tires from multiple companies.

Quick Reply: 2007 CBR600RR: what to change...