07 rr issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 rr issue

hey i've had my 07 600rr for about 2 months and shortly before i hit the 600 mile mark it started acting a little funny (i will do my best to describe the problem). whenever i'm riding and let off the throttle (i seem to notice it most in 6th gear between 40 and 60 mph) it used to smoothly slow down, not it's like an uneven engine break, so it almost slightly lunges or something. I'm sorry i can't give a better description. anyway for the 600 mile check up, which mind you came after the problem, i pretty much just changed the oil. it's not got about 800 miles on it. any ideas or advice is greatly appreciated because i would love to avoid taking it in to the shop

Old 03-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Default RE: 07 rr issue

try running 2nd or 3rd at that speed.. thats probably your engine telling you to gear down or its going to toss you..

imo..

Old 03-19-2008, 06:57 PM

well i'm not riding any different then i used to, and i def never felt the bike do this before, also i have noticed the same thing with the rpms coming down from like 6000 rpm

Old 03-19-2008, 07:07 PM

Have you checked te chain tension? It wll stretch the most in the first 600mi. When it gets loose, it will feel like it lunges when you let off the throttle at times.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:15 PM

no i haven't, i will def give the chain tension a look then, really hope that's it. thanks!

Old 03-19-2008, 08:50 PM

I'd say its the gears telling you something like OKIEZAC said. I've never experiances it but i believe it might just be how the bike is geared n expected to be rode. not too sure sorry hope thats some help

Old 03-19-2008, 09:14 PM

First off you should not be in 6th gear at 40... Its actually bad for your rods and valves. Its happy when its spinning, thats what it was built for, let her spin!!! Eight grand is reccomended cruising speed I think, its ok to hold it there. Also I would check the chain, as previously stated. Check throttle cable adjustment, it may be off. They are supposed to do that 600mi service but if it was done improperly, it might have not been checked. A lot happens during the break in!

Lastly, I think you might be riding incorrectly. The bike is the daugher of a race bred machine, smooth inputs, high rpms, and precise control is what it likes. I think you may be coming off the throttle a little hard, you are supposed to come off it easily. Also, there is a little chatter built in. Your sprocket is not directly connected to the rear wheel, there is arubber torque buffer in there that gives the rear a little play, you might be feeling that. Hope that helped, let us know what you come up with

Old 03-21-2008, 06:31 PM

yea you may be right, i usually try to keep the rpms lower cuz i was thinking it would save gas. i started riding in a lower gear paying more attention to be smooth on the throttle and the problem seems to be a lil better but still doesn't quite seem like the first few hundred miles. hopefully this weekend i'll get a chance to figure out how to adjust the chain. thanks for the input

Old 03-21-2008, 08:39 PM

anything below 5k in my opinion is bad. As far as the lunging, seems like it would be the chain. I tightened mine up before taking her for a ride the other day and the bike actually felt smoother

Old 03-21-2008, 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: be vertical

First off you should not be in 6th gear at 40... Its actually bad for your rods and valves. Its happy when its spinning, thats what it was built for, let her spin!!! Eight grand is reccomended cruising speed I think, its ok to hold it there.
um...i do alot of 30-50mph 6th gear...and this is bad for the motor?
i would have assumed the higher rpms would have been more damaging long term than lower rpms...

Quick Reply: 07 rr issue