'07 CBR 600 RR Exhaust Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '07 CBR 600 RR Exhaust Opinions

i like the way that two brothers sounds also, as i said above. can you give me a few more details on your bike theft and its recovery? where were you parked? was it daylight? could it have been avoided? you know, things like that... i am in san diego which is ranked either 2nd or 3rd for bike thefts and i am paranoid as hell about someone walking up to the bike and just flipping into a truck or van, then driving off. i park it in my garage at home and a private garage that i rent while at work, but there are times i drive to the store, do things for business, decide to be a bastard and get lunch....etc.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure man, this is how it went.

I live in an apartment complex and I try to part the bike inside. I came home one night late and I dontlike to disturb my roomates. Anyways the bike was outside in a regular car parking spot, I live near a school zone so I guess theft is high. They are also doing construction in my area some of those workers might of been involved, I'll never know. Now to actual details of how it was stolen. It was taken between 1-4am the steering lock was still on it when i got the bike back. It had to be thrown inside the back of a truck or a van. When i found out the bike was gone I called the police and they activated the lojack, they called me back within 3 hours to let me know the bike was recovered. It was found about 2 hours away next to a church on the grass, the robbers even put a wooden board under the kickstand so it wouldnt fall over(how nice). The only damage to the bike is that they forcefully pulled out both the rear and the front seats. There was actually no damage to the seats, those white plastic brackets that hold the seat in just bent enough to let the seat be ripped out. So the part of the seat where its actually screwed in was still screwed in, and the lock of the backseat was still in place but the back of that seat was pulled out. They cut both battery terminals and cut out the assembly switch on the positive terminal. I had to purchase the battery cables and the assembly switch, it should be here tomorrow (still praying for this, its been 2 weeks now). To sum it up the bike has a little scratch on it, not too bad. I was able to put the seats back into place without a problem and I had to re-adjust the mirrors :-). I learned from my experience and ill do my best to make sure it never happens again.

To be honest I think the best thing to do without getting expensive insurance is to get a loud alarm for the bike incase anyone gets too close to it, park somewhere near your place at night so you can hear it. I highly recommend you get lojack, if someone gets away with taking your bike and you wake up you can call the police right away. I can imagine that the recovery rate for bikes with lojack only go down the longer it takes to get it back.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Also to add to it, I believe most thieves steal things because its easy, the harder you make it for them the less likely they will be to steal it. There are tons of easy bikes to steal, make yours as hard as possible and they probably wont even try to take it.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's mine with the Arrow.

[IMG]local://upfiles/22023/D8345B4640FE4CFCA10F372865BAAB79.jpg[/IMG]