'06 600rr won't start, wutdafxup?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '06 600rr won't start, wutdafxup?

E.Honda.CBR600RRwell, i don't want to thread jack anymore than i have to, but that's certainly possible that it may just be a defective battery. they do have a 1yr. warrantee so getting a new one shouldn't be a problem.

however, when you say you bought a trickle charger and it charged it in 10 minutes, something tells me that it wasn't a trickle charge OR that the battery has a little internal damage. have you had your battery load tested yet? that will tell for certain if the battery is broken or otherwise open. be sure to slow charge it (less than .9 Amps (900mA) overnight before you take it in to be tested.

also, has the bike EVER been downed on the left side?

Old 11-10-2006, 12:16 PM

+1 on replacing the battery with a new one. Have you tried jump starting the bike? You got another motorcycling buddy that will load you his battery from his bike just for test purposes? Do that before buying anything or paying shop costs.

I had problems with my F2 because of the battery, 1st I had the rectifier go out, replaced that, then my bike would die for no reason when riding hard or doing wheelies... Found out that the battery was moving a bit too much in the tray and the cables were skipping around.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:24 PM

Sounds like you just got a bad battery. Just so you know, I made my own FE kit as well and it's hooked up underneath the battery box. I managed to screw it in without taking my battery out or disconnecting it.

When you hooked up your wires for your taillight, was the bike on? Make sure if you do any kind of electrical work, like splicing wires, the bike is off. That's how I blew one of my fuses a coupla weeks ago. Another time I left my headlights on for about 10 mins to adjust the reflectors. Afterwards my bike wouldn't start so I left it for about a half hour. Came back and everything was fine and has been fine since.

As for the spark plugs, I highly doubt they're fouled on an '06 bike. You can get to them yourself, but I really don't think you need to.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:08 PM

The bike was turned off, key wasn't even in the ignition, when I spliced any wire. I tried it again this morning. The battery still powers everything on, including the fuel pump, but still nothing.

I give up...my service apt is next Friday so I'll let you all know what the verdict is. Hopefully, me paying $70 for the rip off dealership to look at it will save someone else the time and $ in the future.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:19 PM

Did you check all your fuses, because thats what it sounds like. Just go to Wally World or Advanced and get a Circuit test for $5.

I did my own fender into the battery boxw/o removing too.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:29 PM

Did you replace the front signal lights? Did you take off the front cowl and headlights? You could be something wrong if you messed with the front end since the tip sensor is located up there. If the bike continuously cranks and doesn't die after 10 seconds, the problem shouldn't be with the battery. Either fuse or the front end isn't hooked up correctly now that I think about it.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:43 PM

if the BAS tripped, the fuel pump won't prime. the BAS is fine. that's not the problem.

dragonium25, you'd be surprised how fast plugs can be fouled when you install a S/O wo/ a PCIII, or otherwise **** with the intake/exhaust system.

Old 11-11-2006, 08:10 PM

This happend to me yesterday actually, it turned out my bike was flooded, how this happend from it siting for three days is beyond it werid to me but i think it was my gas, do what the one guy said and just pull the throttle all the way back and just try and start it it may take some time but this sounds exactily what happend to me, so try what he said i bet it works.. whats up with this? my honda being the best mentailty went down after it did this to me

Old 11-19-2006, 01:55 PM

The verdict's in...I gave in and took my bike to the shop, everything's good now. The problems causing it not to start were:

1. fouled plugs
2. flooded cylinders
3. blown fuses

I understand the plugs and cylinders. But, I checked every fuse from the front left faring to the ones in the battery box and every fuse was still good. So...I have no clue how those blew after I checked them. As for the plugs and cylinders, the lesson learned here is: NEVER CONTINUOUSLY TURN THE FUEL PUMP ON & OFF WITHOUT RUNNING THE ENGINE. I admit I'm an idiot, but you learn from your mistakes, right?

What I had been doing was turning the power on numerous times to check if I installed an integrated rear light and some new license plate lights properly. Instead of just turning the lights on, I failed to turn the red kill switch "off" and I was turning the ignition all the way to the right to the point where the fuel pump kicked on. Every time the fuel pump kicked on, fuel went straight to the cylinders and spark plugs. And, since I never ran the engine, the fuel just sat there. That's about as technical as I get so hopefully this makes sense to everyone.

Luckily, the cost for this mistake was nominal since I had a dealership warranty that covered what little parts and labor was involved here. I hope this saves someone else the time and money from doing the same mistake.

Old 11-19-2006, 04:22 PM

wow .. i think i will watch out for that from now on .. cuz some tuime i do that to check the light ....well thats good that u have ur bike on now good luck..

Quick Reply: '06 600rr won't start, wutdafxup?