06 600rr vs sports cars

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 02:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 06 600rr vs sports cars

I personally own an 04 Corvette Z06 that has a few "things" done to it, and an 06 600RR that is bone stock.

The RR will beat the Z06 in a straight line acceleration test all day every day. Power to weight ratio baby!!!

The RR will STOP faster than the Z06 as well & the Vette Z06 is a monster stopping machine!! Awesome brakes. But again weight is the game.

In the twisties if I'm running my racing tires on the Z06, I would be willing to go up against any proficient rider on an RR any time. I know I'm a past state SCCA champion in road racing in cages. On bikes, I only won a few local motorcrosses years back, but I know I can beat myself on a technically difficult track in the Vette vs myself on the RR, so long as there were enough curves on the track.

Now me on track in the Z06 vs a pro bike racer...I'm not gonna win. But I will give him a BIG run for his money!!

Like most contests, it comes down to the skill of the driver / rider.

Old 08-20-2006, 05:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Jet Jockey Z06 Vette

exactly. also it all depends on what type of racing you're gonna be doing. if you're going to be on a track, the differences between the RR and other 600's are gonna be very minimal and the winner of the race will go to the better rider. we all know that racing straight isn't very much of a challenge right? rofl...

Old 08-20-2006, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Jet Jockey Z06 Vette

I personally own an 04 Corvette Z06 that has a few "things" done to it, and an 06 600RR that is bone stock.

The RR will beat the Z06 in a straight line acceleration test all day every day. Power to weight ratio baby!!!

The RR will STOP faster than the Z06 as well & the Vette Z06 is a monster stopping machine!! Awesome brakes. But again weight is the game.

In the twisties if I'm running my racing tires on the Z06, I would be willing to go up against any proficient rider on an RR any time. I know I'm a past state SCCA champion in road racing in cages. On bikes, I only won a few local motorcrosses years back, but I know I can beat myself on a technically difficult track in the Vette vs myself on the RR, so long as there were enough curves on the track.

Now me on track in the Z06 vs a pro bike racer...I'm not gonna win. But I will give him a BIG run for his money!!

i like to see that!! on topgear they had a new lambo against a rocket andthey did lap times. the car was just a little slower. a lambo is faster andhas way better steeringthan a zo6. alambo or ferrari have pretty much race suspension. the only way youll beat a 600rr in a track race if you have a full race setup, tires,suspension, horsepower, lightened.

Old 08-20-2006, 03:28 PM

Didnt they have an indy car against a 1000 and the INDY car wasnt that far ahead of the bike. Indy cars are crazy fast and handling is nuts. Hows the Corvette stand up against an INDY car. If you can stand up to that than you are damn good.

Old 08-20-2006, 07:32 PM
JMO

In a straight line a bike will own most cars. But on a track or in turns, most sports cars will own bikes. Bikes just dont have the same traction as a sports car. I remember reading that the slowest things at the Nurburing were the sport bikes. There is a Topgear where Sabine (she drives the M5 ring taxi at Nurburing) took a van around the track and was flying by sport bike riders. There is also a video out of Doohan keeping up with Sabine in her M5 around the ring which is pretty darn good. But then an older Porsche turbo passes all of them And if you want to compare the fastest car to the fastest bike, there is a video of a Formula One vs a MotoGP bike vs a Race boat. They even extended the swingarm on the race bike a little so the front could stay down. The Formula 1 car CREAMED the bike...the bike was only halfway down the strip when the F1 car crossed the line. And if you want to compare a F1 car in turns to a Race bike theres no competition. An F1 race car pulls over 3g's in turns....it wouldnt even be a race. I love my 600RR to death, but I know overall bikes can not out race cars.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:13 AM

the new lamborghini gallardo is NOT faster than the 06 z06, the vette is .3 seconds faster 0-60, and is consistantly nearly a second quicker in the quarter. (if it wasnt the gallardo, sorry, thats the one i saw on a show with the ducati 999r)

eh, but who cares about numbers, point is, dont believe the hype the lambos, ferraris, etc are not always faster, or handle better than some of the american sportscars, what they definetely can do every time, is cost more money, lol.

but hands down, cars have the potential to outdo bikes on any facet of automobile performance with the right setup, we are limited by our crude aerodynamics, and also by the way motorcycles turn corners, we are much more strictly limited to at what speeds we can take which corners.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:09 AM

ORIGINAL: holycrapitshassell

the new lamborghini gallardo is NOT faster than the 06 z06, the vette is .3 seconds faster 0-60, and is consistantly nearly a second quicker in the quarter. (if it wasnt the gallardo, sorry, thats the one i saw on a show with the ducati 999r)

eh, but who cares about numbers, point is, dont believe the hype the lambos, ferraris, etc are not always faster, or handle better than some of the american sportscars, what they definetely can do every time, is cost more money, lol.

but hands down, cars have the potential to outdo bikes on any facet of automobile performance with the right setup, we are limited by our crude aerodynamics, and also by the way motorcycles turn corners, we are much more strictly limited to at what speeds we can take which corners.
This post is right on the money. True!

I have yet to lose to a Ferrari 355, 360, or any Lambo or Ford GT40, or 911 on track. Not that I couldn't. It always comes down to driver skill at these levels of machinery. Put a pro driver in a F-360 (which is slower than my Z06) and he will still likely beat my lap times. But put me in both cars & I'll run the Z06 faster.

Yes, the Gallardo is slower then the new Z06 - just look at the test numbers. So is most of the exotic high $$$ sports car world. The Chevy Corvette Z06 is easily the most bang for the buck in the sports car world as numerous car magazines have concluded!!! You have to be willing to go into the Ferrari Enzo or Porsche GT world to get a machine that will best the new Corvette Z06 on track.

My point with bikes vs cars again is that straight line acceleration & braking = advantage RR
In a series of hard, technical turns & twisties = advantage Z06 (using my own 2 vehicles for comparison)

So the real question of whether or not the bike is faster than the car comes down to what sort of track you're on. Lots of straights & braking zones or mostly a series of technical turns & momentum track???

Old 08-21-2006, 04:18 AM

In quater mile times there ins't a STOCK PRODUCTION car that can beat our 600's not even an enzo. By saying that i don't meanchip foose dropping a 1000hp supercharged engine in a new mustang for a special edition that he makes 10 of i mean a production car...no lambo ferarri porsche mercadez etc can take them....There might be 1 or two that i don't know of but if they can take a 6 then i would bet they wouldn't take a liter bike or a zx-14 pulling 9.6's stock.

*2007*Saleen S7 twin turbo.......10.6 sec(i made these claims up top on 2k6 cars and before the new saleen is 1.2 seconds faster in the 1/4 and still slower than the 600's)
^^^RoadandTrack magazine time..

Old 08-21-2006, 04:27 PM

ORIGINAL: HighRevver

In quater mile times there ins't a STOCK PRODUCTION car that can beat our 600's not even an enzo. By saying that i don't meanchip foose dropping a 1000hp supercharged engine in a new mustang for a special edition that he makes 10 of i mean a production car...no lambo ferarri porsche mercadez etc can take them....There might be 1 or two that i don't know of but if they can take a 6 then i would bet they wouldn't take a liter bike or a zx-14 pulling 9.6's stock.

*2007*Saleen S7 twin turbo.......10.6 sec(i made these claims up top on 2k6 cars and before the new saleen is 1.2 seconds faster in the 1/4 and still slower than the 600's)
^^^RoadandTrack magazine time..

so there you have it, we kick ***

lol

Old 08-22-2006, 10:17 AM

ORIGINAL: holycrapitshassell

yes your right the NEW zo6 is faster than the gallardo but i didnt mention the new 06 z06. but the poster i was referring to was a 04 z06 that jet jockey owns. the 04 z06 is way underpowered to the 06 version and a second slower. plus the gallardo has a 1/4 time of 12.0-12.2 and the 06 z06 has a 1/4 of 11.7-11.9 so even if you were comparing the new vette its only .3 difference in 1/4s which isnt much faster. the z06 pulls a .98-1.04 skidpad whereas the gallardo pulls .98-1.04 so there the same. a gt40 has a better skidpad than both these cars. indy cars might be fasterin track times but thats a freakin indy car, plus was it the best indy car driver against the best motogp rider. but thats a indy car no car compares to them. even the fastest production car, it might be fast but doesnt corner anything like a indy.

psthe fastest production cars which they did have just enough to be called production is the lingenfelter vette 8.05 1/4 mile and hennessey venow viper 8.89-10.00 1/4 mile times. also the Bugatti Veyron 10s 1/4 mile.

Quick Reply: 06 600rr vs sports cars