CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

UK spec CBR600F4 - MPH per 1000rpm in 6th?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question speedo differences

Originally Posted by Dean0
This one says on the logbook "declared new at first registration by sole import concessionnaire"

Thats what is put on the log book for any UK registered vehicle by the official importer.

Honda UK also declared the bike as a full UK spec bike when i gave them the frame/engine/carb and registration numbers.

I am happy enough that it is a genuine UK bike - just curious about the speedo change.

Odd thing is that all of the old MOT certificates are with the bike and they support the milage showing on the clocks ( at least for the last 9 years )
Hi Dean0

Not long got my log book and in that section it just say "Declared New at First Registration"

I noted my clocks have MPH on outside and small KMH on inside whereas 500tie has KMH on outside and quite large MPH on inside,so I could clearly see a difference from his to my bike by his pictures he posted.

So what does your speedo look like then?

Old 02-28-2013, 02:18 AM

My speedo has mph on the outside and kph on the inside mate to look at its no different to anybody else's speedo

Old 02-28-2013, 02:31 AM

My speedo has MPH outside and KMH inside

The odometer is the only item FIXED to the circuit board

The problem is that the speedo, tacho and temp gauge are easy to swap between circuit boards so making a KMH speedo board look like an MPH board is easy.

If honda had been nice enough to put a miles or km's indicator in the odometer then it would be easy to tell them apart.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by 500tie
My speedo has mph on the outside and kph on the inside mate to look at its no different to anybody else's speedo
Apologies for getting the KMH and MPH wrong
not paying attention again or explaining myself

BUT there is a difference between our clocks as my Kmh on my clocks are smaller and appear to be in green (sorry I am color blind too ) and not in white and so prominent like yours are :

Here's a link to ebay on the speedo clocks like i have :

Honda CBR600F4 CBR 600 F4 1999 2000 Speedometer Speedo Guages | eBay

Last edited by Black'n'Yellow; 02-28-2013 at 07:07 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-28-2013, 07:29 AM

Wow!
I thought I had an American CBR600 (as that what I had linked to) for awhile and was panicking but I also found some English links with the same speedo as I have :

honda cbr 600 fx/fy clocks speedo tacho instrument panel mph | eBay

honda cbr 600 fx/fy clocks speedo tacho instrument panel | eBay

500tie :
looks like you either have a speedo designed for another country in Europe? or its been modified and why your odometer for their and is reading in km's

Would be interesting to find out either way.

Main thing is you have a great bike with lower mileage than you had thought which really won't lose much value, If anything it will go up if you keep it Mint as it is

Old 02-28-2013, 02:16 PM

Looking at it I think my bike must have been intended for somewhere in Europe although I can't think where uses mph. Either way I see what you mean with the kph on mine is different to the others but hey ho I'm over the moon with the bike and it all works bar a light on the speedo which I must change

Old 02-28-2013, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by 500tie
Looking at it I think my bike must have been intended for somewhere in Europe although I can't think where uses mph. Either way I see what you mean with the kph on mine is different to the others but hey ho I'm over the moon with the bike and it all works bar a light on the speedo which I must change
I think its more likely that a previous owner has changed the speedo only but kept the rest of the clocks.
Fairly easy to do and it would make it look like a UK bike.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:47 PM

It could be mate but I think after going through all the paperwork that it was imported into the country brand new so may have been altered then. Especially as its fist service was even noted in kph