Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Speedo off after new sprockets

http://www.speedohealer.com/eng/intro.htm

Old 09-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Speedo off after new sprockets

MORE NOTES - a personal PM that I figured I may as well share with every one else

What you need to do is work out the percent change. On my bike I measured from a friends VFR. That was -7.5%. It is still off from the mile markers. I am changing it to -10.5%. That is NOT bang on GPS accurate but close enough for me. That makes my odometer nearly accurate - not the speedometer... apparently the speedometer is a bit high from the odometer.

I went from 16-45 to 15-47 (-1,+2) on my F4...

16 divided by 45 is .3555555
15 divided by 47 is .319149

.355555 divided by .319149 is 1.11407 or .11407 HIGH or 11.4% higher

So using that math I should enter in my speedohealer 11.4% as a starting number...

To install the speedohealer is pretty easy - if you have a friend to hold up the gas tank it will save you quite a bit of time (you don't actually have to take it ALL the way off then). I think I could do it in 10 minutes now.

If you read the blurb - this is recap -
- remove the seat
- take the covers off the air intake ducts
- lift the tank
(That will take you probably 10 minutes - just finding the right tools and doing it carefully)

Looking from the tail - see the battery, look forward under where the tank was, to the right side - you'll see a 3? pin plug that looks the same as what the speedohealer cable has on it's ends.

Unplug that cable - plug in the speedo healer ends...

(That will take about 5 minutes - it is a matter of find the bitch and that took me longer as I was looking on the left side)

Route the cable along the frame rail - stick the healer box under the passenger seat or where ever you have room.

(That might take 5 minutes)

(Test that it powers on - turn the ignition on - if the red light blinks you are good)

Put it back together - that'll take 5-10 minutes

That's about it - now you have to set the correction factor. To go into setup mode put all of the switches up (IIRC), turn the ignition on, put all BUT the switch you are working on down. When you want to change to a different switch put the other switch up, then put the previous one down... if you put them ALL down it goes out of setup mode - so you'll need to lift the next one before you put this one down.